Hey all, i'm thinking of buying a Peavey Valveking 112 combo and was just wondering what people think of them and what else could be a good alternative, instead of the peavey. Must be all valve though and similar to the Peaveys price which is roughly $1000 Aus dollars
Oh, and yeah I'm after something good for Hard rock/metal sort of tones, with some decent cleans as well
Bugera 333-212 combo. AWESOME clean and really edgy distortion. dont buy the valveking, they dont last long at all, they are terribly built and bugeras are much better.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
Bugera 333-212 combo. AWESOME clean and really edgy distortion. dont buy the valveking, they dont last long at all, they are terribly built and bugeras are much better.

What?

Their stock tubes and speaker aren't that great but they are not in no way terribly built, the build plan is extremely good, especially for the price, the tubes are well protected from damage and the switches are sturdy and solid.

I personally have a Peavey Valveking, all stock parts and it's fine right now, not the greatest but definitely not terrible or a terrible build, you can get some really nice cleans out of it and a really nice classic rock tone out of it if you know how, all it needs is a tube and speaker upgrade and it'll improve it dramatically, it's a great amp for the price and I got mine for $450 Aussie
Quote by XianXiuHong
What?

Their stock tubes and speaker aren't that great but they are not in no way terribly built, the build plan is extremely good, especially for the price, the tubes are well protected from damage and the switches are sturdy and solid.

I personally have a Peavey Valveking, all stock parts and it's fine right now, not the greatest but definitely not terrible or a terrible build, you can get some really nice cleans out of it and a really nice classic rock tone out of it if you know how, all it needs is a tube and speaker upgrade and it'll improve it dramatically, it's a great amp for the price and I got mine for $450 Aussie

Where the **** did you get a valve king for $450 AUD!?
Quote by SOADriff

Peaveys are built to last. Although they sound great, I hear nothing but horror stories about Bugera's build quality.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)