Page 1 of 4
I figured since there is a show off your bass thread there should be a post your amp thread. So post your humble combo, your half stack or your fridge. If you'd like you can also post your pedalboard. Please limit any spam and resize any massive pictures.

Here is my Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II and Gallien-Krueger 410RBH.

Last edited by Miss G at Mar 10, 2009,
You took the scratchplate off of your geddy lee :P
I did that at first but it just longed for it to be put back on after a while....

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.

Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115

Ampeg SVT810E Cab
Ampeg SVT450H Head.

its my first cab/head upgrade from my Fender Rumble 100 Combo, and probably the only Cab ill ever own. well, actually i plan on getting 2 1x15s and stuff. But the head, after i bought it, and it got here, i realised its exactly the same as the B2RE, but in the SVT shell, and i wished i had looked into what i was buying a bit more, but i was rushing because i just wanted a nice rig to play out of because my Combo was getting annoying, and lots of bands were starting up in the area.
Yup, so theres my rig.
Quote by PedRoFTWkiddies

Ampeg SVT810E Cab
Ampeg SVT450H Head.

its my first cab/head upgrade from my Fender Rumble 100 Combo, and probably the only Cab ill ever own. well, actually i plan on getting 2 1x15s and stuff. But the head, after i bought it, and it got here, i realised its exactly the same as the B2RE, but in the SVT shell, and i wished i had looked into what i was buying a bit more, but i was rushing because i just wanted a nice rig to play out of because my Combo was getting annoying, and lots of bands were starting up in the area.
Yup, so theres my rig.
Nice! I love that Cherry Sunburst on the Jazz Bass. You ever thought of, one day, upgrading your head to an SVT-CL?
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
^ please don't quote pics - there's no need

I expect everyone knows what a mk1 MAG looks like, but anyway:

Quote by jb_reborn
mark king had a mag combo?!!??

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

That's my rig at the moment.

About another £150ish to go till I can get my Peavey Tour 450 and Ashdown 4x10, so s'all good.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by jb_reborn
mark king had a mag combo?!!??

There's the MK500 Combo. That's a Mark King Ashdown combo.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.

My current gigging amp, the Ampeg B3158. And the lowly AccuBass. Mr. Tam' setup is in the backgroud.
Quote by Nutter_101
There's the MK500 Combo. That's a Mark King Ashdown combo.

is the mk1 a mark king sig then? cos i havent seen a 5 band eq mark king combo.
i cant find any info on that amp. so can someone tell me more about it? cheers
Quote by IndianRockStar
Could this MK stand for Mark, not Mark King?

Is in, Version

Quote by DisarmGoliath

behind my basses, it gets the job done.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by jb_reborn
is the mk1 a mark king sig then? cos i havent seen a 5 band eq mark king combo.
i cant find any info on that amp. so can someone tell me more about it? cheers

That's the first of the MAG series. The Mark King is called the MK500.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Because I don't know / can't be bothered learning how to work dad's digital camera, and i cant find a decent picture of it on google, im going to post a picture of the box of the same kind of bass amp that I have. Behold the awesomelessness!

and yes, its also the same kind of bass i first had. The bass is actualy worse than the amp, and i got a gsr-200 a few years ago to replace it. The amp will be replaced when i can afford / be bothered replacing it. But its an amp and it works, so im not complaining.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"

I know everyone hates these, i regret the purchase but hey IT WORKS !
Whats wrong with them them the b series isnt the best but i still love ampeg.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Poor build quality the grille cloth isnt straight, they wrap tight "chords" around the boxes durin g shipping / holding which causes dents in the tolex, not to mention low quality tolex very thin and not wrapped very well either one wrong move and i can peel off a whole section Frq respone is not low enough for a "full range" sound im gonna need a 15/18

and i had Guitar Center order 3 before i was happy with this one, i owned the BSE-410HLF in the late 90s...the one with a METAL grille and CARPET that one was sweet but this is gonna look chitty in no time....but it was in the $ range and the specs looked good on paper, it sounds fine but not a reliable build

The all-powerful, all-toneful Mesa. It's an old Bass 400 from mid-1989. They're relatively uncommon, only about 800 were built before they came out with the 400+. They're virtually the same, except the 400 is designed to use six 6550's, whereas the 400+ uses twelve 6L6's. The 400 is capable of running either tube, but performs best with either 6550's or KT-88s. The reason Mesa switched to the twelve-6L6 design was because they ran out of stocks of vintage 6550's in the late 80s, before any Russian or Chinese company was producing reliable 6550's.

So technically, the original 400 is the perfect design, and the 400+ is the aberration

Old reliable; 'nuff said. However, it's starting to hiss a bit in the input stage, so it's going to the shop pretty soon. Besides that, it's doing great. Right now, it's in the rack with all the gear, and the Mesa is chillin' outside. I really want to get a super-sturdy, padded roadcase for it, because it's literally scratchless and I want to keep it that way (the Mesa, that is).

No cabs right now, but I'm looking at buying an Avatar 4x10 and a 2x12. I used to use Ampeg cabs, but I got really tired of their poor performance and massive girth. The 610HLF is the worst cab on the planet! I really want some old Mesa cabs with EV speakers, but they're really, really heavy. The 2x10 is nearly 70 pounds! So, Avatar it is.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Last edited by mountaindew88 at Sep 21, 2008,
Since I don't have a picture of just my amp I'm going to post the only picture I have of my gear which includes everything except my recent purchase of a SansAmp Bass Driver.

Nemesis NC212 combo, 320 watts
Ibanez Sr490
Samick Bass
Boss GEB-7
Boss TU-2

Not in picture:
SansAmp Bass Driver

PS - Yes, my bands name is really Crown And Coke haha, there is a link in my sig if you want to check it out.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg 810E

Hope to pick up a nice 2x15 or 1x18 soon to boost up the low end a little. I love the sound of the 810 but the frequency response needs a little help.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Might be hard to read because of the flash but it's a Fender Rumble 100.

Not the greatest but I like it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I havn't posted a pic before, let's hope it all works.

Ampeg B2R and a couple of dodgy 4x10's..soon to be upgraded.

(Invalid img)

schmedit: Nope, didn't work, or maybe it's just my computer?
HI THERE
hey Beast, there's a hole in that rack, you may want to think about filling it with something.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I need to clean the crap off my half stack, I'll post a picture when I have.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by fleajr_1412
hey Beast, there's a hole in that rack, you may want to think about filling it with something.

I have been thinking about it for a while, but I am not quite sure what to fill it with. Maybe a nice compressor or something along those lines. Any suggestions?
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Quote by Caustic
Quote by Beast_Within
I have been thinking about it for a while, but I am not quite sure what to fill it with. Maybe a nice compressor or something along those lines. Any suggestions?

A rack tuner and a BBE Sonic Maximizer. The tuner for obvious reasons, and the BBE really brings out the tone of Ampeg amps, or any darker-sounding, color-your-tone type amps.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
A rack tuner and a BBE Sonic Maximizer. The tuner for obvious reasons, and the BBE really brings out the tone of Ampeg amps, or any darker-sounding, color-your-tone type amps.

I was actually looking at some of BBE's stuff a while ago. Any specific model that you would suggest (I see the 462 and the 482 on ebay quite often)?
Quote by Caustic
Carvin BX1200 --> Avatar 212 Neo (500W)
Also showing some basses: Ibanez SR1006 Prestige, Ibanez EDB600, Peavey 5 Dyna-Bass, Carlo Robelli 6 (hidden back there)
And some POS peavey 112 amp I bought in bundle with the EBD600 via craigslist.
Bass Big Muff is the only effect in my beginning library right now.
My next upgrade will probably be an Avatar 210 Neo so I can get a full 800W out of my head and blow doors down.

And because you all deserve a better look at The Great Wave of Kamigawa.

Quote by Beast_Within
I was actually looking at some of BBE's stuff a while ago. Any specific model that you would suggest (I see the 462 and the 482 on ebay quite often)?

The 482i is the current model, and the best one for bassists and guitarists at the moment. However, it really doesn't matter that much.... I've got an old BBE from the 90's and it sounds just as good as the new ones. However, I imagine the 482i is probably better in some way or another.
Quote by izhar

And because you all deserve a better look at The Great Wave of Kamigawa.

Magic the Gathering?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
^just beautiful, nice set man...i also like the 6 stringers just "laying around" in the pic
Im looking into doing the same thing with my Ampeg cab im currently trying to choose a cool design/graphic to cover the ugly uneven gray,NOT SILVER, grill cloth on that thing...

Thats my lovely lovely Ashdown MAG300 115 combo, the 210 cab I have is at a friends house at the moment so i'll post a picture soon. Along with my Ibanez GSR200 which I think looks lovely in that picture (not sure why, just looks nice) and my Ibanez RG321EX guitar. My two tuners are also there with my planet waves lead, the tuner on the floor is pretty shit but you gotta love the Boss one.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Ashdown ABM500 RC EVOII and ABM 115 cabinet.

I love this setup to bits but I'm considering swapping it for something a little less bulky for uni. Possibly an Ashdown Little Giant and 1x12 cab.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist

I love this setup to bits but I'm considering swapping it for something a little less bulky for uni. Possibly an Ashdown Little Giant and 1x12 cab.

Ill do a swap with you
*prays*
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Page 1 of 4