Well, I want to get Squier, but at the same time I don't, because people might think using a Squier is unproffessional. So which one?
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
Get whatever you want really. Sure Fender is the highly recognized brand of many professional and successful musicians, but in the end of the day, it's how you play. Although I do think that Fender has higher quality than Squier...
And why exactly do you care what people think? Use some common sense and get whichever one you like better and is better value
"because people might think using a Squire is unprofessional". Go to your music shop and play some of the guitars. If you are worried about what others think, you shouldn't be. We all play differently and have different styles. Have you played on a Squire before>

Its all down to what you think, not what someone else thinks. Go and try one of these out, check the feel for it and make YOUR mind up.

I mean, people call me cheap because I love the Ibanez brand But why should I care as to what someone else thinks? I played an Ibanez GSR200 and a Yamaha RBX bass, and out of the two I chose GSR200 because I liked the feel, to be it was easier to get around the neck and thats what you should be looking at.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Last edited by Martin259 at Sep 20, 2008,
Any pro will tell you it's not what you play, it's how you play it.

the real question is can you afford a fender? If you can afford anything above the standard series, its worth it, otherwise, you're better off with squier, imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Any pro will tell you it's not what you play, it's how you play it.

the real question is can you afford a fender? If you can afford anything above the standard series, its worth it, otherwise, you're better off with squier, imo.

Hmm... Not exactly, I wouldn't say a Bullet would be better than a MIM Standard, although, as I say the MIM Standards, in my opinion, have been starting to go downhill.

Anyways, if you want a Squier, get a Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe model, they rock.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Sep 20, 2008,
fenders feel and sound alot better, even the standard series are a guitar for life and they hardly break the bank
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Lil Macker
Hmm... Not exactly, I wouldn't say a Bullet would be better than a MIM Standard, although, as I just said the MIM Standards, in my opinion, have been starting to go downhill.

Anyways, if you want a Squier, get a Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe model, they rock.

I concur. Get a Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
get a MIM strat. they are LOADS better than squier strats. if you are really that scratched on your budget, get an sx strat from rondomusic.com i've heard good things about them but never actually tried one. they are also very cheap.
Don't get a Squier, I literally saw one explode when this guy was tuning it, the freaking bridge blew off, and it wasn't even a trem.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by madshatter
get a MIM strat. they are LOADS better than squier strats. if you are really that scratched on your budget, get an sx strat from rondomusic.com i've heard good things about them but never actually tried one. they are also very cheap.

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT GET A SX!

I'm still with the MIM Standard or a Squier Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified. SXs are horrible guitars, trust me, I've played one.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You'll be happier with the fender in the long run if you stick with it.
But try out other brands, too, don't limit yourself to only those two.
Ibanez and Epiphone make good guitars in the price range I assume you are looking at.
There is nothing wrong with Squiers. Considering they're half the price of a Fender Standard Strat and not much worse, I'd pick one up if I was stripped for cash.

If you want a Fender, it's worth spending a little more and getting a lite ash strat or a highway one strat (I prefer both to the american standard models actually). But otherwise, Squiers are perfectly fine guitars.

If you fear looking unprofessional with a Squier, look into Ibanez SA models. The basic ones are available for 300$ if I remember correctly. Yamaha Pacifica models are also a good option.
hey, my when i play my squire and then my teachers ibanez blazer i dont find any bi difference in the feel, squire isnt that bad, i guess its just a hit or miss thing
nether get an esp, jackson, epiphone ltd anything but a fender
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by Lil Macker
Hmm... Not exactly, I wouldn't say a Bullet would be better than a MIM Standard, although, as I say the MIM Standards, in my opinion, have been starting to go downhill.

I was thinking of the classic vibe/vintage modified series squiers when i said that - i just forgot to mention Yeah, i was disgusted when i played a recent MIM standard.

Quote by mrbungle50221
nether get an esp, jackson, epiphone ltd anything but a fender

Maybe he was asking about fender/squier because he likes fender's designs? Obvious troll is obvious. why aren't you banned yet?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
esp/ltd make more than just metal guitars you know, why not a gretsch or dano?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
i've played a fender telecaster - didnt like it.
i've played a squire fatstratocaster - liked it.

But if i played a Fender Strat. I would like it.
But to be honest, i would get a fender.
Better qaulity.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Take a squier strat and put graph tech hardware in it and new pickups

that's probably gonna get better sound than a 400 dollar MIM strat (Of which the pickups only cost 5 dollars If I remember)
I don't even shred
One of the best guitarists I've ever seen used a squier from the 90's, albeit a highly modified one.

It had humbucker sized P-90's in it.
I'm looking for my first electric guitar. Looking for something decent fora beginner. Not sure if I should get a Squier Vintage Mortified Strat (300$) or a basic Fender MIM strat (400$)

I was told the Duncan by design pickups on the Squier are better than the pickups on the MIM but the overall quality isn't as good. Do you guys think the extra 100$ is justifiable for a MIM?
Quote by Magner
I'm looking for my first electric guitar. Looking for something decent fora beginner. Not sure if I should get a Squier Vintage Mortified Strat (300$) or a basic Fender MIM strat (400$)

I was told the Duncan by design pickups on the Squier are better than the pickups on the MIM but the overall quality isn't as good. Do you guys think the extra 100$ is justifiable for a MIM?

1) It's personal preference, mainly. Try them out in a store if you can.

2) You might as well have just made your own thread instead of reviving this one.
buy used, either fender or squier, you can find good squiers in the used market (they used to be made in Japan and Mexico, and for a few months in America due to a fire at the mexican factory), and you could probably find a used Highway 1 for only a bit more than a new Standard series.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
a standard strat is an investment. it keeps a certain value.

but if you find a squire that is awsome and you like it and it likes you, go for it.

if yo wat, you can get a MIM for + - $150 on ebay.

right now live.com search is offering a 30% discount on ebay items. you have to follow directions and they hold the money for a month. i got a beautiful mint strat for less than $190.
get the squire then trick the shit out of it, i have a squire that is valued at over CND $1000, i got new pickups, tuners, frets, trem. system, new wiring and everything...(btw it was givin to me, i would accually just buy a better guitar if i was going to but all that into a squire) but iv played many a fenders and i would take my squire over it anyday, plus i just love the feel of it
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss