Hey, I looked around and couldn't find a thread that answered my question, so here goes.

For some songs I play I need to change the amount of overdrive I use during the song. I need to go from a nice little crunch to full-blown distortion. I've experimented with using multiple pedals at different settings, but it's not as comfortable as I'd like. Does anyone know if somewhere out there, there is an overdrive pedal that works in the same way as a wah or a volume pedal? I'd like to be able to change the amount of distortion just by rocking the foot back and forth. Does this exist? Or does anyone know of any custom shops that could pull it off?

Any help is much appreciated.
I'd like to ~hear~ such a pedal in action.
think all you would need to do to make one would be gut a wah, implant OD pedal, hook the sweep pot in place of the drive pot and put the rest of the controls on the side.
You could use the "Third Hand" (something like that, let's you control one pot with an expression pedal) to modify the amount of gain on a distortion pedal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Or use your guitar volume.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
^Yeah, but I want to maintain a consistent volume. Either way, thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not too gifted technically, so Sanitarium, if you want to test out your idea, I'd be really glad to hear the results.
Quote by Hasil
^Yeah, but I want to maintain a consistent volume. Either way, thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not too gifted technically, so Sanitarium, if you want to test out your idea, I'd be really glad to hear the results.

It will have a pretty much constant volume, have you tried it yet?

That would be the only way to find out if it works.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i know i can do stuff like that on my vox tonelab, but you could just get a 2 channel overdrive pedal like a fulltone fulldrive 2, or you could get that visual sound pedal thats supposed to have 2 different pedals in it.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

^Yeah, I've checked it out. When I'm playing shows, turning the volume up and down sometimes throws the mix out of whack. I mean, some songs require you to turn down for certain parts, but what I need is to be able to have a light amount of distortion on verses at the same volume as heavy distortion for choruses/solos. Like I said, multiple pedals can do the trick sometimes, but I don't feel like tapdancing around the stage just to get the sound I need.
Quote by marvelboy_04
i know i can do stuff like that on my vox tonelab, but you could just get a 2 channel overdrive pedal like a fulltone fulldrive 2, or you could get that visual sound pedal thats supposed to have 2 different pedals in it.

Ok, yeah. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any idea how much one of those would cost? I don't want or need a full console or anything.
Quote by Hasil
Ok, yeah. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any idea how much one of those would cost? I don't want or need a full console or anything.

google is your friend.
we can't do all the work for you.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by Fama
You could use the "Third Hand" (something like that, let's you control one pot with an expression pedal) to modify the amount of gain on a distortion pedal.

this.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Ironically enough, a volume pedal in front of the amp will maintain a decent volume and just act as a gain knob.
There used to be a pedal by Boss if I recall correctly that did that. It was like the newer Boss wah, but with the controls of a DS-1.

Also in the RP200 series of Digitech, you can select the expression parameter to be the Gain of the amp model.

Grtz,

Mesa
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ibanez: I am verah good guitah prayah!
*mach 5 speed*
Quote by Hasil

The V2 Jekyll and Hyde isn't what you want, and a ToneLab is a full MFX pedal. Like 400 bucks.