Hey there, i bought an epi les paul standard in november last year and since june ive been noticing a notorious drop of sustain (and overall tone) in the bridge pickup, and today i picked up my guitar and for my surprise the bridge pickup didnt had almost any volume (i comfirmed that the volume and tone knobs were in 10). The neck pickup has much more volume and i can get more distortion with the neck pickup too!!

I dont know what is the problem can u help me??? Thanks
My rig:::::
Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
Check the wiring inside, the exact same problem happened to my Les Paul copy last year. Just poke around, see if anything's wrong. I highly doubt it's the pickup, they don't break easily.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Most likely culprit is the selector switch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Lil Macker
Check the wiring inside, the exact same problem happened to my Les Paul copy last year. Just poke around, see if anything's wrong. I highly doubt it's the pickup, they don't break easily.

how did u solved your problem??i didnt saw anything wrong when i poke inside...

Quote by steven seagull
Most likely culprit is the selector switch.

hmm how can solve that problem?take it to a tech if so isnt better to replace the whole pickup?

Quote by AsShadowsRemain
I've heard that this is quite normal for Epiphone's after about a year.

Yeah ive read some stories about it sometimes it was that selector switch others replace the pickup and the problem was solved.

But i dont understand nothing about guitars electrics circuits :S
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
A selector switch is about $10, a pickup is about $60....you do the maths.

Also, if you replaced the pickup you'd still need to replace the selector switch so they'd charge you for fitting the new pickup AND replacing the switch. It'll cost about $30 including hardware for a tech to replace the switch, you'd be looking at closer to $100 to change a pickup and also do the switch,
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if ur gonna replace the pups get EMG's or just check the wireing
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by steven seagull
A selector switch is about $10, a pickup is about $60....you do the maths.

Also, if you replaced the pickup you'd still need to replace the selector switch so they'd charge you for fitting the new pickup AND replacing the switch. It'll cost about $30 including hardware for a tech to replace the switch, you'd be looking at closer to $100 to change a pickup and also do the switch,

Thanks for your informations! I dont know if this has something to do with it bur my guitar is giving me electric shocks! sometimes when i touch the strings our when i touch the screws in the back of my guitar near the selector switch lol its definetly a problem with the selector!! There will be a day that you steven seagull will be wrong
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
Quote by mrbungle50221
if ur gonna replace the pups get EMG's or just check the wireing

Tut tut, EMGs are not the answer. It's quite like drinking really.
Cam Sampbell's my hero