This may be more appropriate for the recording forum or something, sorry if this is the wrong place.

Basically my old 8-track is fucked and I'd like to be able to record again ASAP. I'm looking at getting either the M Audio Fastrack Pro, or the Line 6 UX2.

I'm undecided as to whether I'd like to use Gearbox or Guitar Rig 3 with whatever interface I do get. I probably won't use the amp modeling features much because I'm kind of of the opinion that there's no substitute for the sound of a real-life mic'd up tube amp's speaker, but I definitely would consider using some of the effects/pedals built in. I'd also like to be able to use the software live at some point, with a nice pedal to control all my saved settings and effects easily.

I have a Line 6 DL4 and I actually think it sounds amazing. I basically wanna make music with a fair bit of effects, in the vein of Circa Survive, The Mars Volta, The Receiving End of Sirens, Thrice, etc etc.

Which audio interface should I get?? Which works with Vista? Which has least latency for playing live??

Thanks a lot
ρ
Yeah, I consider these interfaces gear and accessories but you will probably get more answers and better answers in the Riffs and Recordings Forum. You may have to Search on M-Audio + Latency or Vista Support seperately for example. I'm interested in the M-Audio line myself but in no way could answer your questions bumpy.