This may be more appropriate for the recording forum or something, sorry if this is the wrong place.

Basically my old 8-track is fucked and I'd like to be able to record again ASAP. I'm looking at getting either the M Audio Fastrack Pro, or the Line 6 UX2.

I'm undecided as to whether I'd like to use Gearbox or Guitar Rig 3 with whatever interface I do get. I probably won't use the amp modeling features much because I'm kind of of the opinion that there's no substitute for the sound of a real-life mic'd up tube amp's speaker, but I definitely would consider using some of the effects/pedals built in. I'd also like to be able to use the software live at some point, with a nice pedal to control all my saved settings and effects easily.

I have a Line 6 DL4 and I actually think it sounds amazing. I basically wanna make music with a fair bit of effects, in the vein of Circa Survive, The Mars Volta, The Receiving End of Sirens, Thrice, etc etc.

Which audio interface should I get?? Which works with Vista? Which has least latency for playing live??

Thanks a lot
ρ
I'm afraid I don't have any experience with either of those - I have the EMU 0404USB which when I bought it (two years ago) was the only interface around £100 that didn't have a load of bells and whistles (digital effects, guitar i/p, etc) that I'd never use - just a simple and good interface. It has a proper monitor circuit so you don't have to minitor through the computer and although I can't remember what latency I was getting it certainly wasn't a problem. Does exactly what it says on the tin.
The line6 Toneports dont line vista at all...well last time I tried one they didnt.....

I highly suggest the M-Audio interface. Their drivers are rock solid and I run a 2496 PCI in my studio. Basically, I dont have a single complaint about it.

I have not used an audio interface live...normally they are studio type hardware and you may have some trouble running live...