hey guys, i recently upgraded to tube amplification. the only problem i can't seen to determine is whether or not i need a noise gate. right now i have two amps. one is not buzzing very little while the other one have this static sound everytime i'm not playing. i mean there isn't a problem when i'm playing but there are like 2 second quick pause for me during gigs and at a higher volume these buzz and feedback can really lead to ruining the show. i don't think its an grounding issue or not since my other tube amp while on gain doesn't make a fuzz. so my question here. do i need an isp decimator?
oh i forgot to mention, there are no fuzz or buzz or anything on clean or crunch channel. but as soon as i switch to one of the two hi gain channel the buzz kicks in.
no double posting. use edit.

yes, a noise gate is a good idea. it doesn't have to be a decimator.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
ive heard that changing the tubes to higher quality ones sometimes do the trick, but for the most part a noise gate would do just fine
Quote by theoreticmusic
no double posting. use edit.

yes, a noise gate is a good idea. it doesn't have to be a decimator.

But if he can afford it, why not? He can only do worse really than iSP
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by Sputnik1
ive heard that changing the tubes to higher quality ones sometimes do the trick, but for the most part a noise gate would do just fine

hm i don't know much about tubes but i do know it comes with ruby stock and jj in preamp, the other one that makes less noise also have ruby in it as well,

ok i have a new question. i saw the isp decimator and then i just realize they had another model, the g string. is it worth the upgrade? i don't have a feedback problem with my current guitar but i do have a strat coming in with texas special pickups, since i never dealt with them before i don't know how much hum they make
Quote by kckyle
hm i don't know much about tubes but i do know it comes with ruby stock and jj in preamp, the other one that makes less noise also have ruby in it as well,

ok i have a new question. i saw the isp decimator and then i just realize they had another model, the g string. is it worth the upgrade? i don't have a feedback problem with my current guitar but i do have a strat coming in with texas special pickups, since i never dealt with them before i don't know how much hum they make

I have the same problem with my 6505+ and it has Ruby Power tubes also. I'm starting to see a patern.