So I switched from .009's to .010 strings so i would break as many strings and would have better string tension on my ibanez but I'm still breaking strings (not just my high e, i've actually broken my D, yeah i know, weird) and my string tension is still a bit loose for my liking. I was wondering if switching to .011's would be a good idea or if i'd have to do more truss rod/nut problems than it' be worth.

Part of the reason the string tension annoys me is when i alt pick they kinda go all over the place. I use 1mm picks, should i just switch to a lighter pick instead?

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
is using a 1 mm pick just a little too much, would something lighter cause less of a problem, alt. picking is the only time that the string tension that I have problems.
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Whereabouts are the strings breaking? Have a look around the nut, bridge and tuners to see if anything looks sharp or anything.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Um the high strings are snapping, the other ones are breaking by the little ball thing at the end, coming unravelled
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Um the high strings are snapping, the other ones are breaking by the little ball thing at the end, coming unravelled
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
like said, look for sharp spots. lubing contact points can help, but if there's a burr, then filing or part change might be needed.

swap one string at a time if you go up in gauge, and stabilize the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah the breaking isnt a big deal its more the lack of tension
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab