My guitars intonation is off half a step. How do I fix it without taking it to a shop?
Quote by MetalMegaMan
make it smaller then maybe i'll consider.

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

if you cant get a harmonic, then fret the 12th fret and compare that to the open string.

and retune the open string after every screw adjustment.

what type of guitar?
strat style the screws are the 6 at the back of the bridge,
TOM the screws face the headstock, on the bridge under the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
There are loads of guides with pictures if you just google for it as well, but its not difficult
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
It's an Ibanez hollow body.
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump

should be close to this pic then.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011

It looks like that. Sorry for it being kinda blurry.
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump