No, this is not another thread asking how to scream. I finally figured it out. I can't do anything even somewhat high-pitched, but I can sort of do a growl now. I'm assuming I'm doing it correctly, because I've worked on it for like an hour, and my throat never even started to hurt, and I never lost my voice. I do, however, have two questions. I can only scream for a second or two without having to breathe in, because I lose my breath. Is there a away to do that better, or does it just come with screaming for a while? Also, I can usually only scream for a little bit, and then my voice starts losing it's distortion, or whatever you'd call it. I don't lose my voice and my throat doesn't hurt or anything, I'm just not able to scream after a while. Any ideas about why that happens, or is that also just something that comes after a while?

Thanks if anyone can help me. Also, if you want the video that I learned how to scream from (off of youtube), I can give you think link. There's all kinds of how-to-scream videos where they're like "I'm not sure how to explain it, it just has to come from your stomach", and they make no sense at all, but with the one that I found, you have to be a retard or something to not get it.

EDIT: I uploaded me screaming to part of an Empyrium song to my UG profile, if you'd like to see how I sound. I wish I could scream more high-pitched, but whatever.
You aren't breathing correctly. Breathe from your diaphragm(breathe so your stomach comes out) and then just let a lil air out at a time. As far as high pitch stuff you have scream using the lower part of your throat or whatever. I can do it without hurting myself easily.

Also, are you inhaling or exhale screaming?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
You aren't breathing correctly. Breathe from your diaphragm(breathe so your stomach comes out) and then just let a lil air out at a time. As far as high pitch stuff you have scream using the lower part of your throat or whatever. I can do it without hurting myself easily.

Also, are you inhaling or exhale screaming?

I'm exhaling.
Quote by frottage
I'm exhaling.

Yeah what I usually do for exhaling to get higher is to try to scream using by pushing it a lil and try to make the sound come higher up. Like when you exhale you tend to scream from your chest.

Higher - Scream from throat-head area(takes practice to get it right)

Deeper- Scream from your lower stomach.

EDIT: for the higher one i meant to say like upper throat or so. like bring your presence up their. It is basically just like singing but you have be careful.

Try Melissa Cross
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Sep 20, 2008,
Always breathe before you are singing/screaming a line, or whatever.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
always use your diaphragm
NEVER your throat
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by XCount Me InX
always use your diaphragm
NEVER your throat

I think I am? Like I said, it never hurts. Like for a few years, whenever I'd try to do it, I'd use my throat, and it would sound like the dude from AC/DC, only even crappier, I would start coughing after a few seconds and hurt my throat. The way I'm doing it now, it sounds a lot better, and my throat doesn't hurt. Also, while I'm growling, my stomach tenses up for flexes or something.
Hey thanks for the vid, Im still trying to learn how to scream, though at the moment Im more interested in adding "heat" to my vocals, so if anyone has any tips on that, its well appreciated