was up guys, im new to guitar and im about to buy my first one. im going to go with an acoustic guitar, and i got about $100 bucks to buy one. i am looking for a cheepish one, and once i get better ill buy a better guitar. please leave feedback on these two guitars, and if you got any suggestion on a different one please post

here is what i've been looking at.
guitar 1
guitar2
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jasmine-by-Takamine-S34C-NEX-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516458
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-F335-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=512940

However, I made the mistake of getting a cheap guitar to start on, and I "outgrew" it within about 2 months. I would strongly encourage you to save up a little more, and get a guitar that you could keep for 2+ years. If you seriously want to stick with guitar, you'll save money.

I currently have this guitar:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Dove-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518210
I got it "blemished" for $210. Just a tiny scratch on it that would have gotten on there within a month anyway.
If it's your first guitar I'd get the one from Costco, you get stuff there that might help you
A guitar that's too cheap will only discourage your growth. For the basics, you'll need one that is built accurately enough that it plays in tune over most of the fingerboard and alos stays reasonably in tune while being used. Action should (string height) should also be decent as if it's overly hard to finger notes you'll have a hard time continuing with practice.
Moving on.....
both your suggestions look like atrocious guitars. go to an actual, physical guitar store
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
no no no, no costco, ever

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I was in the same situation as you a couple of years ago, having only limited funds to buy my first guitar. I, personally bought a fender CD60 for £90 pound, it's a nice looking guitar, it's got nice action and it's a fender.I agree with the other comment though, you'd be better off saving up a bit more and buying a better guitar that's going to last you longer, even though i still have my fender (mainly because i'm broke) You can get them pretty cheap off the internet, about 69.99 GBP, happy buying
alright thanks everyone. i guess ill save up the money for a better guitar
if u wanna play guitar, its best to invest on one that is the best, even it costs 1 million dollars, just buy the best one u think, acoustic to start of with, make sure top 3 strings are hard, bottom 3 are nylon, its best to buy a YAMAHA C45, its the first one i used and have been using it for like 5 years, its still in damn good condition check if u can find one lying around anywhere
I've started with a Yamaha F335 and I've liked it. Make sure you test them out and make sure they sound good, action is low enough, and doesn't buzz and sounds full enough, you can get it for less then $150, i got mine for $130. I always get other guitarists saying how it sounds really good and that it was insanely cheap for the sound.
Quote by idiscarnate
if u wanna play guitar, its best to invest on one that is the best, even it costs 1 million dollars, just buy the best one u think, acoustic to start of with, make sure top 3 strings are hard, bottom 3 are nylon, its best to buy a YAMAHA C45, its the first one i used and have been using it for like 5 years, its still in damn good condition check if u can find one lying around anywhere

Um...no. That would be a classical guitar. You don't HAVE to get a classical as your first guitar. I didn't.

TS, what I would do is check the lower priced models at your local music store, but also check out pawn shops. There are usually some great guitars in there for a very good price.

Also, if you have any friends that play guitar and know what they are talking about, have them come with you when you go and search for your first guitar. They will be able to tell you if a guitar is good or not.

Also, good luck and welcome to guitar!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i highly recommend NOT getting a classical first like they are saying, youll probably get pissed at the wide neck

electric is probably easiest to learn on, seeing most cheap electrics still have good playability, whereas many acoustics in this range are hard to play.

go for the acoustic though
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
i highly recommend NOT getting a classical first like they are saying, youll probably get pissed at the wide neck

electric is probably easiest to learn on, seeing most cheap electrics still have good playability, whereas many acoustics in this range are hard to play.

go for the acoustic though

Learning on a wide neck is harder at first, but if you get used to the width then you're good to go on any other shape of neck.

But yea... I don't recommend a classical as a first guitar. When you switch over to acoustic you'll get pissed because you'll have to form callouses. hurts like heck.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
When you switch over to acoustic you'll get pissed because you'll have to form callouses. hurts like heck.

Lol I remember those days...in fact I still have those days sometimes with my pinky finger. It got broken one time and healed weird so I don't use it when I'm playing very much and because of that I have to form calluses on it every time I do use it.

TS, I would advise that you take a look at the "Which Guitars Under $300?" thread. There are great guitars in there for you to look at all advised by people who know what they are talking about.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray