Ok s yesterday i bought a marshal half stack well a marshall head and a berhinger cabniet and i have a question, i have enough money to buy the matching marshall 412 cab, but i have heard bad things about it. and i have read reviews on the berhinger cab and its supposed to be pretty good other than the speakers. do i buy the marshall cab or buy new speakers for my berhinger. and any tips on speaker choice would be helpful i play rock to hard rock and metal
Quote by blue_strat
First question:

Which head did you get?

Can't be stressed enough. I'm guessing he was vague in order to not have to admit to a Marshal MG100 head... =\
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Please don't be an MG.......

in all seriousness, I think the 412 marshall cab will be better, because nothing says "hard rockin" like the gold-on-black Marshall name.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by BMXfreak000

in all seriousness, I think the 412 marshall cab will be better, because nothing says "hard rockin" like the gold-on-black Marshall name.

Out of everything good about Marshall 4x12's (except the MG 4x12), you choose the fact it has "hard rockin". I would reccommend a 1960 4x12 or 1936 2x12 to go with it, as they are both great sounding cabs. Nice bass response, they aren't too trebly and they don't boost or cut mids too much. A behringer cab isn't going to be any good really, bad quality build and speakers.
his pictures shows a Lead 12 head. but well have to wait for a reply.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
its a mg 100 and i like it fine its a step up from my kustom combo. but no i have a lead 12 mini stack too
Buy the Marshall cab ffs! I bet it must look like shit without both from the same brand.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by BassCatcher
its a mg 100 and i like it fine its a step up from my kustom combo. but no i have a lead 12 mini stack too

For the price of a MG100 you could have got a decent valve combo.

the behringer's fine apart from the speakers

the bit which lets it down is the most important bit of the whole thing
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
if you just bought the amp yeasterday, you can still return it.

if you really dont want to then buy the mg cab because it'll be easier to sell them as a set later.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011