I don't play gigs so it doesn't have to be loud. I would like to record on it.
Tube amp & around £200 - £250ish, no more than £400?
I would like it to have:
presence control (not required)
pedal friendly (unlike my current amp)
Headphone jack (required)
USB out (not required)
and MP3 in

Thanks =)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I play rock to metal. =P

OPTION 2:
Get something like a POD XT Live (or maybe something different)
Use headphones
**** having an amp.
Last edited by jacobparker at Sep 20, 2008,
hmmm have a look at the blackheart series.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

No tube amps are really gonna have a headphone jack or USB out or MP3 in. Why not just get a Line 6 POD or something?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
No tube amps are really gonna have a headphone jack or USB out or MP3 in. Why not just get a Line 6 POD or something?

Bad experience with line 6. Their distortion is not the best...
Quote by jacobparker
Bad experience with line 6. Their distortion is not the best...

Bad experience with Line 6 SPIDERS. That's really their only bad product.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by slash4114
hmmm have a look at the blackheart series.

That has pretty much none of the things he mentioned that he wants.

Don't just repeat the same thing you see other people in say in other threads, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

On topic, as theres been said, you won't really find a tube amp with those features.
Quote by soundcheck1
That has pretty much none of the things he mentioned that he wants.

Don't just repeat the same thing you see other people in say in other threads, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

On topic, as theres been said, you won't really find a tube amp with those features.

Well the Peavy VYPYR 60 has them, but that also has lots of extra crap I don't want.
Why does anyone care if an amp has MP3 in? It's not like you're short of options for amplifying an MP3 player.

TS, you have to choose here, you either want a tube amp for practice and jamming amp or you want something for headphone practicing and recording, for your budget you're notgoing to get something that does both. Arguably you should forget the amp completely and just get something like a toneport for your recording and headphone stuff. If you do want an amp then forget about all the extraneous stuff like the headphone jack and mp3 in and get yourself a laney vc15.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why does anyone care if an amp has MP3 in? It's not like you're short of options for amplifying an MP3 player.

TS, you have to choose here, you either want a tube amp for practice and jamming amp or you want something for headphone practicing and recording, for your budget you're notgoing to get something that does both. Arguably you should forget the amp completely and just get something like a toneport for your recording and headphone stuff. If you do want an amp then forget about all the extraneous stuff like the headphone jack and mp3 in and get yourself a laney vc15.

I guess something for recording. So it does need some way to record out.
Alternatively, you said things like tone port. Does this need to be amplified? Like could I just plug in and record?
Quote by jacobparker
Well the Peavy VYPYR 60 has them, but that also has lots of extra crap I don't want.

It's not a tube amp though. It's a hybrid amp. IMO just an advertising gimmick. The tube in there really doesn't affect the sound at all.

The reason the Vypr has them is because it's basically a solid state amp.
Quote by Sonicxlover

So should I try a POD Xt live, and a basic tube amp?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Exactly! Don't base line 6 off of their spiders. Also, you won't get very many good amps with a headphone out. Maybe a Roland cube or a Peavey Vypyr...
Quote by mcrfobtai
Exactly! Don't base line 6 off of their spiders. Also, you won't get very many good amps with a headphone out. Maybe a Roland cube or a Peavey Vypyr...

Some reviews say it's too digital. Same prob I had with my Spider.
My thinking is that if you are more interested in playing directly into your PC then a TonePort or POD or maybe the Vypyr would be the way to go.

If you are more interested in letting an amp's tone shine thru then get a decent tube amp, microphone and audio interface.

I use my RP250 as a disti pedal for amp AND connecting to PC and headphones but it record amp because it doesn't have a microphone obviously.