I just started learning We will rise by Arch enemy and realized that it is the only song I know is C standard tuning. I'm really lazy, Naturally I do not want to tune back up to standard tuning. Does anyone know any good death metal songs in C standard tuning?
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Quote by lefthandman9876
qotsa have some great stuff in c stand, its not death metal, its much better

damn took what i was gonna say.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Never really liked Qotsa a lot. Respect their music but, I can't dig it.
Quote by SamuelBirkett

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Most of Suffocation's older stuff is in C Standard. The new Stuff is in Db Standard (or C# Standard if you prefer), so you would only have to tune up a half step to play their newer stuff.

Like the other guys said, Queens of the Stone Age have some stuff in C, but they're not really "death metal". You already pointed out Arch Enemy. The Black Dahlia Murder's first album was in C...don't know about the new stuff, haven't listened to it.

Black Label Society plays a lot of their songs in C standard as well. You could probably play the songs from Ozzy's new album too since Zakk did the guitars for it.

If you tune down another step to B Standard you could also get a lot more songs out of it. Kataklysm, The Duskfall, Nevermore (actually Bb standard, if played on a six string), play in B standard. You could also take that C standard and drop tune it and get a bunch of Drop B shit outta it...Machine Head, Throwdown, DevilDriver.

Anyway, just a few suggestions.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." ~Carl Sagan
Yea InFlames. You can't go wrong really

Also check out some more Arch Enemy

Quote by stonebrain
If you tune down another step to B Standard you could also get a lot more songs out of it. Kataklysm, The Duskfall, Nevermore (actually Bb standard, if played on a six string), play in B standard

Good thinking, go down to B standard and play some Amon Amarth
Do Children of Bodom do much in C standard?
Quote by SamuelBirkett

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Could try some Strapping Young Lad. Its in open C not C standard. But my band plays in C standard and have covered a few SYL songs with no problem. Just need to do a bit of transposition.
Andy
Quote by thisdude
in flames early albums(the true ones) are in c. look for wayfaerer for that.

Aside from lolling at the idea that only the early albums are 'true', you could manage any IF apart from Lunar Strain because it's all either C standard or drop Bb, which your strings should probably be able to take. There's a few songs with different tunings (Transparent, for example, is in Drop G), but In Flames will do fine.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
arch enemy, some dream theater, older in flames, sepultura, soilwork, or least osme of their stuff
Check out Dream Theater's Train Of Though album. Not only is it in C standard, but a massive challenge.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
They aren't death metal, but Hatebreed play in C Standard. Most tabs here say drop C, but they're in standard.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
what gauge of strings could i use to tune down to C standard and not have it really rubbery sounding like it does on my regular .009-.042 gauge strings?
Quote by Mate.Feed.Kill.
what gauge of strings could i use to tune down to C standard and not have it really rubbery sounding like it does on my regular .009-.042 gauge strings?

12 gauge minimum, 13 gauge should do nicely.
Quote by stonebrain
Most of Suffocation's older stuff is in C Standard. The new Stuff is in Db Standard (or C# Standard if you prefer), so you would only have to tune up a half step to play their newer stuff.

Like the other guys said, Queens of the Stone Age have some stuff in C, but they're not really "death metal". You already pointed out Arch Enemy. The Black Dahlia Murder's first album was in C...don't know about the new stuff, haven't listened to it.

Black Label Society plays a lot of their songs in C standard as well. You could probably play the songs from Ozzy's new album too since Zakk did the guitars for it.

If you tune down another step to B Standard you could also get a lot more songs out of it. Kataklysm, The Duskfall, Nevermore (actually Bb standard, if played on a six string), play in B standard. You could also take that C standard and drop tune it and get a bunch of Drop B shit outta it...Machine Head, Throwdown, DevilDriver.

Anyway, just a few suggestions.

To get drop D you drop the 6th string on C# standard.

You want a technical challenge? Try In The Name Of God by Dream Theater. Its in C standard.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Check out Dream Theater's Train Of Though album. Not only is it in C standard, but a massive challenge.

no.
'as i am', 'in the name of god', and 'honor thy father' (i think) are in C
'this dying soul' is played in a 7 string
'endless sacrifice' is in D
'stream of consciousness' is in Eb