Page 1 of 2
Title says it all...

This is not for anytime soon. I'm trying to get my hands on a bugera 6202 first. But after that I'll immediately be saving up to upgrade my guitar. So this is pretty much a "planning" thread lol.

Favorite bands consist of: Trivium, A7x, classics like Pantera and Ozzy, In Flames, Children of Bodom

My initial thought was a hellraiser c-1 fr AND it's cheaper but I figure at the 1k range there MUST be better guitars than the hellraiser...right?

EDIT:Just a preference. No v-shaped guitars.

EDIT EDIT: Just want to sum up everything I've said so far

Floyd tremolo
TRY to keep it as a long scale length. Maybe 24 -25. For instance I don't like short scale lengths but I'd suck it up for a nice Dean ML (provided it does what I play).

Needs to be a new guitar.

I'm a fan of Deans, Schecters, and of course Jacksons

NO B.C. Rich. I've had a bad track record so far with my unreliable warlock.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Sep 20, 2008,
Thin or thick neck?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.

LTD MH1000 Deluxe Snow White (also available in see through black or blue)

LTD M1000 Deluxe See Through Black (also available in snow white)

I find their thin U necks to be more comfortable than Schecter's baseball bats.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i hate to say it, but stay away from the gibsons, especially now.

try out some ESP's, maybe look into higher end Ibanez's for shredding.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Pinky19
Thin or thick neck?

I love the thin/thickness of my warlock's neck I'm kind of indifferent to thin/thick. I love my warlock's neck and I've played the hellraiser and I love that neck too lol.

So either way is fine I guess. Not terribly thick though...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
just save up for the better guitar if u know ur gonna stick with it
or u'll just waist money like i did
Quote by slappymoe66
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dimebag-Razorback-TwoTone-Electric-Guitar-?sku=511939

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=511851

As you probably know Trivium and Pantera use Dean.

The only thing i would suggest is if you change tunings a lot don't get a floyd rose, unless you use another guitar.

That razorback looks awesome.

So are either worth the money?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Is it wrong that the only "normal shaped" guitars I own are my two acoustics? lol

Buddy of mine said that it was bad that my first guitar was a warlock and that I should get a "regular" shaped guitar for my second one lol. Any truth to that?

Cuz the guitar I pick might have a crazy shape to it.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet

Hardware wise, no. You can get better quality for the money. But if you are gonna have enough for pickup swap if you don't like the Dimebucker and the LFR then get it. My vote goes toward: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/The-Dean-From-Hell-CFH-Electric-Guitar?sku=512157 it has Dimes actual pickup in the bridge

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by TheBodomBullet

dean is way overpriced for the quality of the instrument, schecter has some pretty nice stuff for cheap, take a look at these, they are well worth the money
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Devil-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=515763
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629
the vintage black ec-1000 is nasty
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by Pinky19
Hardware wise, no. You can get better quality for the money. But if you are gonna have enough for pickup swap if you don't like the Dimebucker and the LFR then get it. My vote goes toward: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/The-Dean-From-Hell-CFH-Electric-Guitar?sku=512157 it has Dimes actual pickup in the bridge

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738

How much would you reckon that razorback is actually worth then?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
How much would you reckon that razorback is actually worth then?

If you like it, then get it. I played one that doesn't have the Floyd on it and I liked the way it felt. So take that however you want, but I don't know how much it should be worth but I do know most people here do not like the price for the quality. I would personally get a Jackson soloist with an FR or that Prestige or the LTD MH-1000 because I like thin necks.

Dude by an ibanez xiphos 700 + Live wire or emg pickups preferrably live wire since you have enuogh for it. they are like 200 and if you go to gc i'm sure you can haggle it down just make sure they dont bs you and give you a xiphos from the floor. buying the xiphos was the best decision i ever made. low action UNBELEIVABLE! hmm but then you'd have to pay for installation. but you should be able to afford that. it will be the greatest shred monster ever. EVER. EEEEVVVVEERRRRRR
Quote by Pinky19
If you like it, then get it. I played one that doesn't have the Floyd on it and I liked the way it felt. So take that however you want, but I don't know how much it should be worth but I do know most people here do not like the price for the quality. I would personally get a Jackson soloist with an FR or that Prestige or the LTD MH-1000 because I like thin necks.

Well the thing is I'm leaving for GC in a little bit and I'm gonna go try some guitars out (and also get some Dunlop Jazz III's and 85mm Tortex's )
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Specwise an LTD Deluxe or Hellraiser is definitely your best bet. Depending on what necks you like of course.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by HighPotency
New amp

HEY MORON, he already said he was buying the Bugera 6202. You didn't even read the post so leave.

Quote by Pinky19
HEY MORON, he already said he was buying the Bugera 6202. You didn't even read the post so leave.

Thank you

That being said I went to GC today and after I got my picks (Tortex and Jazz III's=pwn and win) and went to see if they carried bugera. Nobody had ever ****ing heard of Bugera over there except one guy who told me "Why would you want a Bugera? Just get a Peavey!". After that he tried to sell me some sort of Marshall MG and some kind of Line 6 Spider Combo.

I tried to act interested and then I just said thanks and left.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Sep 20, 2008,
bump
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by nido
With a $1000 budget Id pick this one
Edwards LP custom or E-LP98

that is if whammy bar is not a must

Looks nice but actually I really would like a floyd rose tremolo...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
You want a floyd?
Certain woods you like for neck/body?
Ebony, rosewood or maple fretboard?
Gloss or satin finish?
Scale length?
Tremelo or no?
Used or new?
Quote by caraluzzo
You want a floyd?
Certain woods you like for neck/body?
Ebony, rosewood or maple fretboard?
Gloss or satin finish?
Scale length?
Tremelo or no?
Used or new?

Maybe I shoulda been more specific lol.

Things that are a must are:

Floyd tremolo
TRY to keep it as a long scale length. Maybe 24 -25. For instance I don't like short scale lengths but I'd suck it up for a nice Dean ML (provided it does what I play).

Needs to be a new guitar.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Thank you

That being said I went to GC today and after I got my picks (Tortex and Jazz III's=pwn and win) and went to see if they carried bugera. Nobody had ever ****ing heard of Bugera over there except one guy who told me "Why would you want a Bugera? Just get a Peavey!". After that he tried to sell me some sort of Marshall MG and some kind of Line 6 Spider Combo.

I tried to act interested and then I just said thanks and left.

he's right about the peavey thing. bugera's are modeled after peaveys(333=ultra/jsx/xxx and the 6262=5150). they aren't very good copies compared to the real things and you can the real versions(ultra/jsx/xxx and the 5150/6505) on ebay for about 500 which is 150 less than the bugera
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-ASM-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=516093

Not sure if you like those, but has 24 frets jumbo frets, ebony board, OFR, neck through, EMG 81/85 combo and a nice neck. Good shedding guitar right there, would do great for the music you're playing. I've played newer BC Rich models, and IMO they completely blow the older ones (meaning 2000-2005) models away. I'd suggest giving one a shot.

EDIT- About your amp, the guy at GC was right. I've played Bugera's, and I wasn't really impressed. I've also heard quite a few of horror stories about the amps breaking in a short period of time, being as they're made so cheap. Accually, some of the models I've seen in shops didn't even work, which has me to were I wont even bother with them anymore. Not trying to change your mind about the amp, because I know if your minds set on one then of course you're going to get one, but I do beleive that there are better amps for what you play. I know, because I play all the music you stated you play, and I've seen and heard better for around the same price.

That's all just my opinion anyways.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by caraluzzo
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-ASM-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=516093

Not sure if you like those, but has 24 frets jumbo frets, ebony board, OFR, neck through, EMG 81/85 combo and a nice neck. Good shedding guitar right there, would do great for the music you're playing. I've played newer BC Rich models, and IMO they completely blow the older ones (meaning 2000-2005) models away. I'd suggest giving one a shot.

Let's stay away from B.C. Rich...I'm done with them...like permanently. This warlock sounds ok but is a disaster in terms of stability. There's about a million things wrong with it every other week.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Alright, if that's how you feel about them, although that model is much better built then what you're using right now. I've had warlocks too, and hated them, but the new STII re-makes are brutal.

If you do stay away from them, then I'd suggest a higher end LTD. They're good quality for the money.
Just for the record. I'm a fan of Deans, Schecters, and of course Jacksons. IF anyone wanted to know....
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Is it wrong that the only "normal shaped" guitars I own are my two acoustics? lol

Buddy of mine said that it was bad that my first guitar was a warlock and that I should get a "regular" shaped guitar for my second one lol. Any truth to that?

Cuz the guitar I pick might have a crazy shape to it.

Yes, because in a few months you're going to realize how dumb pointy guitars look.
Dickless.
^+1

TS, it seams like you're post are all over. It probably would have been easier if you gave us detail of what you wanted with the guitar, and what brand you're interested in, in the first post of the thread.
Quote by caraluzzo
^+1

TS, it seams like you're post are all over. It probably would have been easier if you gave us detail of what you wanted with the guitar, and what brand you're interested in, in the first post of the thread.

Just took care of it.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
LTD M/MH-1000
LTD signature models 600s
Jackson DK2M/DKMG
Jackson RR3, KE3, WRMG
Jackson RR5FR, RR24, Demmelition (these are ~1100)
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Ibanez Rg1570/2550
Ibanez S520/470/620
Kramer 1985 Baretta
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
A cheaper (without coil taps) Hellraiser without the Schecter logo (it's probably MIK too).
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Hex-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=515961
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ibanez RG. Great sound for the money, since you can get a Prestige for less than a grand. I'll give some examples:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2570Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=518082

Those are the Prestige models for under a grand, using Musician's Friend's prices. Great neck, awesome pickups, 24 frets...
If anyone wants to IM me, it's dwsabianguy. No spam.
I'll pretty much be making another thread after this comparing whichever guitar I liked the most or whichever one was most recommended vs. the hellraiser. Just fyi.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Page 1 of 2