ok i have a peavey 1980 transtube supreme head and I need help with my tone. my rhythm is good but for my lead its is there a way of getting is distortion pedal or a OD pedal for a boost and to smooth it out a bit? heres a link of my current tone though i dont have a cab i was borrowing a friends.(im on the left)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxAeTkSKRzc
have any idea's to smooth it out? i was thinking a DS-1 maybe but not really sure what do you guys think??
you're not going to be able to boost the lead channel with pedals but you might be able to tweak it with an EQ.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I really just wanted to say good job. You may want an eq to help direct your tone, also test an OD out.

Edit: Damn I slow posted that one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by steven seagull
you're not going to be able to boost the lead channel with pedals but you might be able to tweak it with an EQ.

+1000
Eq is the best tool to get your tone fixed. Maybe an MXR
ive tried the mxr eq pedal man i spent 3 and a half hours EQing and i didnt work out for me but i spent more money at the charaprater then the EQ pedal
You're kind of running out of options - it might simply be that the sounds you want aren't in there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by mcrfobtai
In this case, the only real option is a new amp.

not even me dialing back my gain and putting a ds-1 distortion to smooth it out and add bite to it wouldnt work?
Quote by tenaciousjp
not even me dialing back my gain and putting a ds-1 distortion to smooth it out and add bite to it wouldnt work?

Try it out! for you DS-1, turn up the volume all the way and the gain down to 0
Quote by mcrfobtai
Try it out! for you DS-1, turn up the volume all the way and the gain down to 0

ok but if it doesnt work out you said my nexted option is a new amp...well i have about 530 right now can you suggest a amp in that price range? i can sell my guitar (rg770dxlb) for 600 easy 2 people want to buy it so ill have about 1130 dollars on a amp so if you can suggest a amp for my need please do

also thanks for your help
ooh, look at a JSX then. Amazing shred amp, though you may have to look used. If that is a problem, maybe a bugera 333xl (JSX clone)
honestly I didn't find the tone bad at all; maybe a sweeter high end? a Maxon or Ibanez Tubescreamer (Ibanez TS-9's only 100 bucks) with the drive barely up, and the tone rolled back a little would probably work for your lead needs.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
honestly I didn't find the tone bad at all; maybe a sweeter high end? a Maxon or Ibanez Tubescreamer (Ibanez TS-9's only 100 bucks) with the drive barely up, and the tone rolled back a little would probably work for your lead needs.

ive tried the turbo tube screamer..but it seemed as if i lost gain, not increased it i put the gain at 10 on the TTS but im not sure im gonna have to try it again.
What kind of stuff is sitting on your local craigslist? What major city do you live near to search? You have a good budget at $1100.
i live in toronto(canada) and there crappy nothing is on there alot of people charge new stores prices on beat up 3+ year old items
Yea Canada clist is like that, sucks balls bro. Felix listed a couple good ones to try. I would recommend that you check out a bunch of decent amps and go the ebay route if nothing pops on clist in the meantime.