On our recordings we switch between overdriven electric guitars and acoustic guitars quite a bit. At the moment I just switch between the clean and distortion channels on my amp live with a foot switch, but recently I found that boss makes a pedal that changes your guitar's tone to an acoustic (Boss AC-2 and AC-3).

Just wondering if anyone has tried this pedal or know other pedals that are like this. Currently I have and Ibanez RG with a neck and bridge humbucker and a middle single coil pickup going through my BBE Sonic Maximizer into a Krank Chadwick head. Also whats the difference between the AC-2 and the AC-3?
i dont rate those acoustic sim things tbh

i'd rather save and get a decent acoustic and a pickup
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
^^If you read his post you would've known that that's not exactly an option for him. He is looking to be switching midsong. I've only played the AC-2, so I can't tell you the difference, but I liked it. Not really helpful I know, but it's kind of a start. Good luck man.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
ac sims are all pretty meh.

you can install a piezeo like said, or swap a guitar (i know that's near impossible)

or you can work with what you have, including lowering your guitar's volume.

as far as pedals go, i suggest the behringer ac sim, because it's the cheapest and not the worst by far.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
piezo bridge pick up or variax. The variax is actually better at acoustic then the piezo I have in one of my electric guitars.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i have a roland cube with has an acoustic sim built in and i have to say its not half bad you have an RG like me and using the 4th position, using the neck single coil you get a reasonable acoustic tone very passable not as good as real acoustic tho