Just as it says above, a Rickenbacker 4001 (I know they don't mkae them anymore, I like 'em more though)
Or a GK half stack It'd be a 700RB-II Head with a 410RBH cab or maybe a 410RBX

In terms of basses I have an Ibanez SRX 500 and an Epiphone Eb-3 5string

My amp is a Stagg amp 160W its got a good sound but it's small.
I play in a jazz combo which it works fine with, but in a rock band, which I am looking to join, just not currently in, it'd be drowned out pretty fast.

What do you think I should get first, joining a band is probalbly not gonna happen soon since no one really likes what I like.
Should I go with the bass or with the amp?
Doesn't matter if you have a Rick if you can't hear it. Thats what it comes down to. Get the GK, or some other amp if you so desire. Starting the day after tomorrow there's a good chance I'll be touting Carvin.
Well if a band is not in your near future, i'd get the bass. Having a stack sitting around doing nothing until you join one won't really do much for you.
nice to know im not the only guy with an EB3!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Normally I'd suggest an amp over a new bass but Rickenbacker 4000 series basses are killer. Also, you can always just rent a nice amp for a gig and use your 160 watt one for practice.
id say ric, and get a decent little ashdown mag or sumthing down the line
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
What I'm worried about getting the rick is that, it most likely won't sound good through my amp. I do some stuff with it in my jazz quartet. A Rick won't sound right through it.
But if I get the amp, I have way to much power and I don't even need that much power where I play. But it will sound great when I get the Rick.
Luckily I have til xmas to decide.

Quote by lorrythebassguy
nice to know im not the only guy with an EB3!

Same here I haven't seen any other but mine. I inheirted mine though.
Quote by watchingmefall
Upgrading amp>upgrading bass

Most of the time.

indeed.

I find this time is an exception, in the situation that he has one offered to him. that would be very nice. and he'd piss off half the forum for buying their GAS.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
the ric will sound good thru bad amps, trust me on that, i played a ric thru a pretty bad amp once and it was still above par! haha
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I played a rick through some random amp the guy told me to play (since I had to leave the vintage section to play it) And I couldn't dial it in. It sounded good, I just couldn't get the classic Rick tone.
Quote by NoOne0507
I played a rick through some random amp the guy told me to play (since I had to leave the vintage section to play it) And I couldn't dial it in. It sounded good, I just couldn't get the classic Rick tone.

this can happen yeah, for me the ric is unmatchable through a higher end klystron ashdown
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I should try that before I get an Amp then, I heard it on a GK once and it sounded pretty badass but I never tried an ashdown. I do plan to ave both at some point.
I would say get the gk amp. Over all i think it would be more useful to you.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by NoOne0507
I should try that before I get an Amp then, I heard it on a GK once and it sounded pretty badass but I never tried an ashdown. I do plan to ave both at some point.

some people swear by GK, but i swear by ashdown. im getting my perfect ten on tuesday at long last but was using my uncles ABM combo over the summer and its amazing, all 5 ranges are amazing quality and value
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...