okay i dont know what type of guitar i have
acoustic or classical
it looks like a classical one..
but it has metal strings
i asked around it seems anything with metal strings = acoustic
i think its in tune also but i cant find any videos or programs to help me check and i dont have a tuner

i counted the number of frets it has till it touches the body , it has 12
i read that an acoustic has 15?
mine has 12 so i have a classical one??
but with metal strings?
i checked on yahoo it said classical guitars with metal strings = crap guitar after a while..

am i screwed?

also can anyone give me any good songs to play on my guitar(whatever type i have?)
and a good video/link/program to tune it with?
simple....buy nylon strings

BAM! classical
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
that's sad...im playing a song on my violin
How bout' no you crazy Dutch Bastard!

You live in the middle of nowhere? THEN BLOW **** UP!

Pretty Heavy and thick??...Sounds like a wasp fucking an Exhaust pipe...Its Rubbish!
sphinx, read what he said, he said 15 frets before the body... actually on most steel string guitars it would be 14... you probably have a classical, to check, look at the tuners, are the actual bits the strings go on metal or plastic, coz that basically tells you what strings you need

for now just detune really low or take the strings off to stop any neck warping, post a pic if youre really unsure

[edit] i see you noticed, just my post was slow
huh i dont understand
i have 12 frets before it touches the body.
in total i have 18 metal bars before the big hole?

so i have a classical guitar with metal strings then?
can i tune this guitar to be a acoustic one or tune it to sound like a classical one?the strings are brand new..

umm the handle i use to tune the guitars are plastic i guess?but the screws and all are metal??as well as the bars that the strings go rolly on
that turner on 8notes is for the classical guitar right?
can the acoustic guitar and classical guitar sound the same??
Quote by tidii
huh i dont understand
i have 12 frets before it touches the body.
in total i have 18 metal bars before the big hole?

so i have a classical guitar with metal strings then?
can i tune this guitar to be a acoustic one or tune it to sound like a classical one?the strings are brand new..

umm the handle i use to tune the guitars are plastic i guess?but the screws and all are metal??as well as the bars that the strings go rolly on

sounds like a classical guitar.
i had one when i started learning guitar. it was a huge thing!

i think mine went up to 15 frets and then the hole.

there were three metal(?) strings, they are the bass strings and three clear ones.
i think they're actually nylon strings, when you take one of them off after they are worn out and over-used, you'll see why they are called nylon.
my dad put steel strings on a classical once because we didnt have any nylon, it sounds like shit, its as simple as putting on nylon strings, which costs about 5 bucks and 30 minutes of your time.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
my dad put steel strings on a classical once because we didnt have any nylon, it sounds like shit, its as simple as putting on nylon strings, which costs about 5 bucks and 30 minutes of your time.

Won't that also rip the bridge out?
You're*
Quote by Survivalism

probably should have but it didnt.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
My guitar has a big hole in it, 6 strings, and it's blue. Can someone help me figure out what type of guitar it is?
Quote by Survivalism

or snap the neck. you're lucky if it doesnt happen though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
this thread is like one big queston mark...honestly i have no idea...if u could get some pics up it could help though
Pot
Kettle
Black
Pictures would definetely seal the deal on whether it's classical or acoustic, you know?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite