I'm looking for some good cables for my guitar, since my current ones are crappy/broken. What are some good cables?
LARGE TEXT
google?
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
Monster. They're kinda expensive, but they have a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. If you took a pair of scissors to your cable, they would send you a new one. They are pretty heavy duty, too.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
dimarzio makes nice cables.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Minderbinder
Monster. They're kinda expensive, but they have a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. If you took a pair of scissors to your cable, they would send you a new one. They are pretty heavy duty, too.

monster cables are a total ripoff. they're no better quality than other cables, but they cost like 60 bucks. some stores don't even sell them anymore because they're so overpriced.
Cleartone cables. Dead silent and high quality. UK based so you may have to shop elsewhere, but if they are willing to be generous and reduce the price to account for tax, then its well worth the buy.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
I've had the same monster cable I bought off a pawn shop for $5 last me over 4 years (who knows what i went through before me). I even sliced part of it to the wire by closing my car trunk on it.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Bullet Cables + they look cool
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I like dimarzio cables. Very good cable for the money.

Planet Waves are my favorite though. They don't fall out often with their design. Low noise, half the price of monster, lifetime replacement warranty.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
xyzzx or something like that with magnetic tips where you can unhook em and stuff
I also vote Monster. I've only had to replace mine once, but no one even asked any questions. Just took it into guitar center. It's a 12' instrument cable, but the gold ends are overrated. Was only $20 max... I forget.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
I also vote Monster. I've only had to replace mine once, but no one even asked any questions. Just took it into guitar center. It's a 12' instrument cable, but the gold ends are overrated. Was only $20 max... I forget.

Those are the silver series or something like that. Nothing wrong with them, they're the same thing as the high end Monsters, in the end, they're just a "decent" cable.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
+1 on cleartones, if you can get them to ship to the USA without charging a ton of postage...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SlashYourFug
monster cables are a total ripoff. they're no better quality than other cables, but they cost like 60 bucks. some stores don't even sell them anymore because they're so overpriced.

that's because you only have to buy cables once. you never buy cables again idiot.. and they are not 60 bucks.theyre like 40. if you want new cables, cut it in half with scissors and return it for a new one. it;'s that simple. i'm not even exaggerating. unlimited lifetime warranty. as in, break it however the hell you want it and get a new one. that's why it's "overpriced" youre paying for more than only one cable. it's a lifetime supply of cables.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by caraluzzo
PW's. About half the price of Monster, and IMO are much better cables.

Much better? In what way?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
MONSTER! get a monster cable anytime they go bad you get a new one free cuz its got a lifetime warranty and they last a long time.
Ignore the people recommending Monster cables. Even if their product was good, their business practises and ethics leave so much to be desired that they really ought to be totally boycotted.

Cleartones are definitely a very good option, probably the best you'll find for the money.

If you're ready to step up to serious cables, check out www.lavacable.com. Mark is a great guy that runs an excellent business, and there is a very helpful buyer's guide on his website.
Quote by apak
that's because you only have to buy cables once. you never buy cables again idiot.. and they are not 60 bucks.theyre like 40. if you want new cables, cut it in half with scissors and return it for a new one. it;'s that simple. i'm not even exaggerating. unlimited lifetime warranty. as in, break it however the hell you want it and get a new one. that's why it's "overpriced" youre paying for more than only one cable. it's a lifetime supply of cables.

It's important to note that Monster Cable didn't invent the lifetime warranty: there are many brands that do the same for much cheaper. I only own 2 brand-name cables that I picked up at my local store, but both of them have lifetime warranties and both are working flawlessly after a year and a half of rugged usage.

Nolly speaks the truth: Monster Cable has a history of bad business practices. A quick google search leads here:
http://www.monstergreed.com/Index%20with%20info%20about%20MC.htm

Personally I've been making cables on my own recently. If they stop working (which they have yet to do) you just resolder them and call it a day. Generally, though, you'll have to buy in bulk for it to be profitable.
Quote by solidsnake15
So when I bring girls home to my apartment and I've got dual monitors they get wet and say damn you can check your myspace on one screen and be watching lord of the rings on the other.
build your own?
or get those bullet Coiled cables. they make my single coils dead quiet.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Monster cables - you will have that cable forever because of its lifetime warranty.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I don't understand monster cables at all. I have one and it doesn't by any means sound bad and it's lasted a while, but I'm using limewires right next to it and they sound just as good, have lasted just as long and have a lifetime warranty as well. A 21' monster rock costs 50 dollars, a 25' live wire cost 18 dollars on GC. I never tried their cheaper cables, but they seem kind of thin. I think I'll just stick with livewire.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Nolly
(a) Ignore the people recommending Monster cables. Even if their product was good, their business practises and ethics leave so much to be desired that they really ought to be totally boycotted.

(b) Cleartones are definitely a very good option, probably the best you'll find for the money.

(a) agreed. i've never tried a monster cable, but after hearing about some of their lawsuits, i'm not going to try one.

(b)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Kevin Saale
I don't understand monster cables at all. I have one and it doesn't by any means sound bad and it's lasted a while, but I'm using limewires right next to it and they sound just as good, have lasted just as long and have a lifetime warranty as well. A 21' monster rock costs 50 dollars, a 25' live wire cost 18 dollars on GC. I never tried their cheaper cables, but they seem kind of thin. I think I'll just stick with livewire.

I've never seen Live wires before. Especially in store around here. They have the same life time warranty? (Guess Monster's + Capitalism ment they had to follow suit eh? lol)
Quote by sargasm
Yeah, GC sells them. I don't notice any tone loss. Not saying they're the best ever, but they sound no worse than monsters so it makes the decision pretty easy for me. I still need to try some cleartones though.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yeah, GC sells them. I don't notice any tone loss. Not saying they're the best ever, but they sound no worse than monsters so it makes the decision pretty easy for me. I still need to try some cleartones though.

Yeah I just saw 30' for like $19.99, seems like an awesome deal. But I see no info about a warranty? Whereas Monster screams about how awesome their warranty is. The big question, is it as simple as the Monster warranty, where you just walk into a store with the cable and they'll replace?

Also the reviews are fairly negative on MusiciansFriend... I wonder if that's an inside deal from GuitarCenter? (MusiciansFriend is owned by them...)
Quote by sargasm
I don't read reviews so I wouldn't know. I don't know about the warranty either, but I keep receipts on things like that no matter what so. I have three livewire cables and a bunch of patch cables and never had a single problem with any of them.
Hahah I'm terrible right receipts, and my first Monster cable failed at the side I connect to the amp (I always connect the same side to the guitar/amp... OCD ftl.) Warranties are very important to me.
Quote by sargasm
Live wires are great...I honestly think they're better than monsters. I was at practice last week and I forgot my cable(livewire) so my other guitarist handed me one of his 3 $60 monsters. As soon as I plugged in the with the monster I got all this buzz. I found it quite funny that I paid less than half the price for a better cable.