Hey folks,

I have the Fender Blues Jr. Tube Amp, which you may know doesn't have any built in distortion. I also have the BOSS BR-600 Digital Recorder which has built in guitar effects. I would like to use my BOSS BR-600 as a multi f/x pedal just for messing around at home with. The problem is the only outputs for the BOSS BR-600 are a set of Left and Right RCA outputs or a 1/4" stereo jack output (for headphones).

My question is, what would happen if I got an adapter to convert one of those stereo outputs to a 1/4" mono output and plugged it into the guitar input on my amp? Would it work so that the BOSS BR-600 could essentially act as a Multi F/X pedal for me? If not, is there any way to make this work (other than plugging in the BR-600 into a stereo or pa system)?

Thanks!
A Blues Junior has a master volume, so yes, it does have built in overdrive.

I'm not sure about how the BR works, but it should work without breaking anything. If it sounds good is up to you.
Well it's a stereo amp and I don't think it's tube; don't plug your guitar into it just try it as a hi fi and see if it works.

lol
you don't need any adapter, you just plug the jack from the br to your amp
^Sounds about right.

Quote by bartdevil_metal
Well it's a stereo amp and I don't think it's tube; don't plug your guitar into it just try it as a hi fi and see if it works.

lol

If you are going to copypasta, do it right.

it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

Also, I got bant for using that phrase.
Quote by Sguit
you don't need any adapter, you just plug the jack from the br to your amp

Oh...so, I can just take a mono 1/4" cable and go from the stereo 1/4" output to the guitar input of the amp and I won't lose any sound? That would be sweet. I'll give that a shot. Thx
Quote by imgooley
^Sounds about right.

If you are going to copypasta, do it right.

it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

Also, I got bant for using that phrase.

Couldn't be bothered to find it again...

In answer to the TS' question, yes you could, but depending on the quality of the recorder their may be some tone degradation. But it will work.