Ok, so for a while I've wanted to buy a guitar, but my mind has been boggled with which type of guitar.. more specifically electric or bass. I'll point out what I like about each one: For electric, in most songs I like, it involves electric, and I think it would be ogod to play and I've always wanted one since when I was young, but then I heard of bass.

I like bass because I find they like ****ing sexy compared to guitar, and I'm more of a rhythm person, as in I like humming the rhythm, not the lead. But, the downside is that if I bought bass, I wouldn't have that many jams, so I'd be playing with backing tracks on ym computer, so I may be missing out on the ful bass experience, but I still think its an awesome instrument to play... your ideas/thoughts/ what you think I should do?
Try both of them out, see what you really connect with more. Contrary to most guitar player's beliefs, bass is a completely different beast, not just a dumbed-down guitar.
Quote by ealtdharkon
BassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBassBass

becauuusseeee?
Also I would be jamming with a guitarist, and probably wouldn't have many drum tracks, if any at all. (if I was a bassist)
Last edited by pedobear at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by JEP4
Try both of them out, see what you really connect with more. Contrary to most guitar player's beliefs, bass is a completely different beast, not just a dumbed-down guitar.

Just different basic technique. . . not so much a completly different beast. It just take a little while to get used to bass for me . . hahaha. I prefer fretless basses though, because fretted basses are boring.

As for your decision, Yeah, like the man said, try them both out.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris