link to bigger, better pic

my room is rather dark and doesn't truely let the amazing finish on it shine. it shined well on the neck though. i absolutely love a maple neck with a nice grain in it. the guitar is a '57 reissue american strat made in 1991. i bought it used in good condition.
Last edited by madshatter at Sep 20, 2008,
Now thats one sweet strat, just dig that slim 7.5inch maple neck.

- Black Am. Strat
- Gibson Standard SG
- Marshall JVM 410 100W
- Vox V847 Wah Pedal
- Ibanez Tubescreamer
- Roger Mayer Octavia Pedal
- Fender Frontman DSP 65W

That's about it.
Now you just have to learn to play like Eric Johnson

Congrats etc.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I don't even know you and I hate you

Awesome guitar, my second favorite and possible purchase in the near future for me. Just gotta decide either black or sunburst
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
I don't even know you and I hate you

Awesome guitar, my second favorite and possible purchase in the near future for me. Just gotta decide either black or sunburst

in my own opinion, get sunburst. im very glad i got sunburst. i wasn't given a choice but black is so boring and completely covers up the grain of the guitar which is the best part. i highly recomend this guitar btw. the tone is amazing and very vintage. my only rant is that it doesn't have locking tuners and the playability is a bit odd (probobly cause i'm not used to the new guitar) but it is a '57 reissue. it wouldn't be a true reissue if they changed anything.
Quote by madshatter
in my own opinion, get sunburst. im very glad i got sunburst. i wasn't given a choice but black is so boring and completely covers up the grain of the guitar which is the best part. i highly recomend this guitar btw. the tone is amazing and very vintage. my only rant is that it doesn't have locking tuners and the playability is a bit odd (probobly cause i'm not used to the new guitar) but it is a '57 reissue. it wouldn't be a true reissue if they changed anything.

Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, black Strat...yea you get the idea now why I've always wanted a black one but I agree the sunburst one looks cool and vintage to me.
i have a quick question. mine didn't come with a whammy bar for some reason. since it doesn't have locking tuners, do you think i should bother getting a whammy bar? i absolutely love using the whammy bar but if it will go out of tune with just a slight whammy, dunno if it would be worth it.
It didn't come with a bar? Should of and the optional 5 way switch and Fender's 'ashtray' cover for the bridge. Check out Fender.com for the specs and at the bottom it'll show everything you should of gotten with it, including a cable I believe.
Quote by DSOTM80
It didn't come with a bar? Should of and the optional 5 way switch and Fender's 'ashtray' cover for the bridge. Check out Fender.com for the specs and at the bottom it'll show everything you should of gotten with it, including a cable I believe.

i got it used.
Well, if you got it used, he might not have put it in there. Oh well.

Nice guitar by the way. I love the sunburst.

Hmm, I think I'm putting locking tuners on mine, because I too enjoy to whammy here and there. I heard Sperzel are good, so I'll probably get those.

Man, I wish I had a sunburst strat, but then again, nothing wrong with olympic white, eh?
i was gonna get an olympic white standard strat with maple fretboard but then i saw this one for sale at the same price.
That's my favourite Strat colour, it just turns me on with the maple fretboard and 2 tone sunburst

Congrats, have a beer on me
Cam Sampbell's my hero