Ok so I am getting a new acoustic guitar and after extensive...research...I have narrowed it down to the Washburn EA16, (natural,) and the Yamaha CPX500, (also natural.) I've been playing for about three years and quite learned in theory. I'm in a rock band so I will be playing it with them but I write and record tons of solo acoustic songs myself. Like singer/songwriter stuff. Sometimes I hit the guitar really hard, btw. And the better it stays in tune, the more likely i'll prefer it. No store like anywhere near me has either of them so I'm ordering it from online. This means that I can't try them out myself. I was looking maybe for some details on how the guitars play and sound from people who have played them. Wow I sure hope that was enough information.

PS - No "save up and get this better guitar" replies because I just sold my only acoustic guitar to help pay for this one and I don't really think I can go much longer without one.
Quote by That-Funny-Guy
Ok so I am getting a new acoustic guitar and after extensive...research...I have narrowed it down to the Washburn EA16, (natural,) and the Yamaha CPX500, (also natural.) I've been playing for about three years and quite learned in theory. I'm in a rock band so I will be playing it with them but I write and record tons of solo acoustic songs myself. Like singer/songwriter stuff. Sometimes I hit the guitar really hard, btw. And the better it stays in tune, the more likely i'll prefer it. No store like anywhere near me has either of them so I'm ordering it from online. This means that I can't try them out myself. I was looking maybe for some details on how the guitars play and sound from people who have played them. Wow I sure hope that was enough information.

PS - No "save up and get this better guitar" replies because I just sold my only acoustic guitar to help pay for this one and I don't really think I can go much longer without one.

You really shoudn't be hitting your guitar hard. especially an acoustic...

Anyway... either one should be fine. Flip a coin to decide. because there's not much of a point asking us. we aren't you and we will never fully understand just by written description what you are looking for exactly. So... flip a coin and decide. You'll be taking a chance no matter what since you cant try them out.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'd say go with the Yamaha. I haven't tried the one you mention, but I've played the APX 700, and quite frankly was fascinated by it. I've heard the 500 is also pretty good. I've also tried a Washburn (don't remember which though) but I can't say I liked it. Of course, it might have been just that particular model, but still it just wasn't good. Good luck with whatever you get , I am also in a debate, but it will take me some time to decide...