Ok, so last time I was at a metal concert I saw several people hardcore dancing. It was for Carnifex and they had "Brutal breakdowns" so it was acceptable. Yeah, sure.

Enough about that I am sure you have all seen hardcore dancers at least once.

Whats the point of it, the only people that seem to do it are drunks, idiots, or drunk idiots. Plus, everyone hates hardcore dancing, so why do they even do it in the first place.

The only time I've seen anyone I know hardcore dance is because its to play a joke because they hate the band playing. Other than that taking down hardcore dancers is what we always do. That and mosh most of the time.

So yeah, why do people hardcore dance. Whats the appeal?

Also, if you have any hardcore dancing related stories, feel free to share them.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Hardcore dancers at a ska show.

Yeah.

They were being right ****s about it too, flailing into anyone skanking on purpose. They did get fairly ****ed up outside though so all was good.
I hardcore dance to my mate's bands. Mainly because it makes them laugh and puts them off.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
why do people mosh? whats the appeal?
why do people headbang? whats the appeal?
why do people polka dance at death metal concerts? whats the appeal?
At my friends last show, I hardcore danced just to mess him up.
That was the only time ive ever done it.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ferretman

exactly what i was gonna ask. going to a hardcore show is seriously just like stepping into another culture. everything they do there is different. they dont throw the goat, they put there hands in the air and say "****" a lot. they hardcore dance. they wear clothes that dont seem to fit. so why do metal heads run into eachother and wear black t shirts? im gonna assume its because they think its cool, and enjoy themselves while doing it. so im gonna say, its the same thing for hardcore dancers.
Quote by MV4824
She's a "new girl".. when did she ship to your home? What condition was she in?

Make sure to give the seller good feedback on ebay.. we all know humans are just objects after all.
I windmill sarcastically.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Ok, so last time I was at a metal concert I saw several people hardcore dancing. It was for Carnifex and they had "Brutal breakdowns" so it was acceptable. Yeah, sure.

Enough about that I am sure you have all seen hardcore dancers at least once.

Whats the point of it, the only people that seem to do it are drunks, idiots, or drunk idiots. Plus, everyone hates hardcore dancing, so why do they even do it in the first place.

The only time I've seen anyone I know hardcore dance is because its to play a joke because they hate the band playing. Other than that taking down hardcore dancers is what we always do. That and mosh most of the time.

So yeah, why do people hardcore dance. Whats the appeal?

Also, if you have any hardcore dancing related stories, feel free to share them.

wrong. Fighting invisible ninjas is never acceptable.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized you were being sarcastic
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Sep 20, 2008,
why was there hardcore dancing at a metal show?
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Quote by ferretman

Well the thing is the first 2 are relatively unharmful things. You can occasionally bang heads headbanging i suppose and moshing will get you bruised but the general rule is if someone falls over you pick them up etc. (Though polka dancing can be lethal)

Hardcore dancing often just seems to be done with the intent to injure as many people around you as possible, and this is a real problem when they're aiming to hit you at head height. Its going too far.

edit: And if you do it at a 'hardcore' show i guess thats fair enough. But nowadays you seem to get a few twats doing it at most shows. I was amazed to see somone 'hardcore dancing' to feeder.
Quote by jmonko
lol
did you read the comments?

What the hell is hatemoshing?

Its the next step from hardcore!!!
Like, its troo hxc 4 life!!!
soooo... what? is it like dancing for people with no motor skills?
thats what it looks like on those videos