I was thinking today, and I realized that the instruments in a band are like a baseball team (if you don't care about baseball then whatever). The guitarist is like the batters. They bring excitement and people think they drive the team but without any support they don't really help, look at the Rangers. The drummer is like the starters. They control the team's success the most and are the backbone. The bassist is like the bullpen. No one realizes how much they glue the team together, but they work behind the scenes and can make or break a team.

Post incredibly wise or demeaning metaphors about the members of the band, or just tell me how this is a bad thread.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Why is this a thread? Theres nothing for anyone else to input about. Go blog about it.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I see what you mean and I agree.
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
I find a band to be more like a female crotch.

The vocalist is like the vaginal opening. Far from the main pleasure centre, but most people only concentrate on that while forgetting everything else.

The guitarist is like clitoris. When it is manipulated in the right way the pleasure increases, but waaaaay too many people try to do it without having a single clue as to what they are doing and how badly they are messing up.

The drummer is like the asshole. Not really paid too much attention before, but always essential for survival. And now getting more attention then ever as a new tool for greater pleasure and who dosen't like being an asshole.

And the bassist is like the pubic hair. Too much and seems like a cacophony of unwanted-ness. Too little, and it just dosen't seem right.

I apologize for my utter lack of knowledge about female genetilia.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by spider666
I find a band to be more like a female crouch.

The vocalist is like the vaginal opening. Far from the main pleasure centre, but most people only concentrate on that while forgetting everything else.

The guitarist is like clitoris. When it is manipulated in the right way the pleasure increases, but waaaaay too many people try to do it without having a single clue as to what they are doing and how badly they are messing up.

The drummer is like the asshole. Not really paid too much attention before, but always essential for survival. And now getting more attention then ever as a new tool for greater pleasure and who dosen't like being an asshole.

And the bassist is like the pubic hair. Too much and seems like a cacophony of unwanted-ness. Too little, and it just dosen't seem right.

I apologize for my utter lack of knowledge about female genetilia.

lol that is actually quite good (y)

and unfortunately i cant think of any decent analleries
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
lol that is actually quite good (y)

and unfortunately i cant think of any decent analleries

You can't think of any analleries that are as good as the one comparing the female crouch to the average band? Really?
Quote by spider666

I dont even know how to respond to how stupid that is.
You stole my Overture
Quote by BulletFrost
I dont even know how to respond to how stupid that is.

you mean how true it is! *holds hand naively up for hi5*
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

And what's the vocalist supposed to be?
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by Trefellin
You can't think of any analleries that are as good as the one comparing the female crouch to the average band? Really?

So you didn't like my female crotch impression? Well I got another one then. A band is like a low-rent apartment.

The vocalist is like the rat that resides in the hole beside the TV. Nomatter how much make up and hair you put on it, it still seems ugly. But it is the only thing you can relate to as you waste away in your metaphorical 'hole'.

The guitarist is like fluctuating radiator. When it works, it's like a godsend, but when it doesn't, you feel like kicking the fuck outta it. Lazy bastard.

The bassist is like the sqeaky floorboards. Most of the time you can't be bothered about them or you think of them as unnecessary, but you grow used to them and who knows, maybe even love them.

And finally the drummer is like the good for nothing landlord who sleeps with your girlfriend behind your back .

SPIDEdit :

Quote by will123456789
you mean how true it is! *holds hand naively up for hi5*

*hi-5*
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by Shard Heilia
IN which analogy?

Also, to your signature...

Jesus. Was. Male.

I'm guessing no, retard.

TS's analogy

And, for Christ's sake, it's from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's not meant to be taken seriously, retard.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Crouch means to bend your legs to lower your body.

Crotch is the word you're looking for.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Crouch means to bend your legs to lower your body.

Crotch is the word you're looking for.

Quote by punkforlife93
Was thinking the same, senor.

My bad. Edited.
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Football metaphor:

Guitarists=Quarterback, without a good one you have no chance
Vocalists=Recievers, most vocal and public of the band
Drummers=Offensive line, the foundation of the band and without a drummer you have nothing
Bassist=They feed off the drummer but are usually the backbone of a band