[rant]

So I had my new song online for one day. And the bassist I was jamming with for awhile suddenly added me to msn and facebook, after 4 weeks since the requests I sent (and I checked his profile he KNEW I had sent the invites).

But bam, the ****ers knockin on my door suddenly. I don't know if i shud get back into a band with a flaming two faced drummer, a greasy bi polar bassist, and a narcissistic sociopath woman beating screamer (who sucks at his fantasy band role).

They all shoot down my ideas, disregard my experience, CONSTANTLY TALK OUT OF THEIR FAT ASSHOLES FACES ABOUT NOTHING THEY UNDERSTAND, expect me to write everything and then get pissed that I don't find it right that they say how it shud sound when i write the god damned shit. They always come up with excuses not to jam, and need to be high to jam. Beyond that, they constantly ditch me, and if we make plans for say a movie I end up going home because I "invited myself".

I need somebody to tell me it's possible to find a band with decent people. I'm ready to to start killing people. Now if you listen to the song on my myspace, its obvious im still not that great. but thing is, i can write an entire song. they can't even jam for 10 minutes without needing a bowl or wanting to stop. yet, something tells them they are much better then me.

[/rant]
Quote by sepsiskiss
[rant]

So I had my new song online for one day. And the bassist I was jamming with for awhile suddenly added me to msn and facebook, after 4 weeks since the requests I sent (and I checked his profile he KNEW I had sent the invites).

But bam, the ****ers knockin on my door suddenly. I don't know if i shud get back into a band with a flaming two faced drummer, a greasy bi polar bassist, and a narcissistic sociopath woman beating screamer (who sucks at his fantasy band role).

They all shoot down my ideas, disregard my experience, CONSTANTLY TALK OUT OF THEIR FAT ASSHOLES FACES ABOUT NOTHING THEY UNDERSTAND, expect me to write everything and then get pissed that I don't find it right that they say how it shud sound when i write the god damned shit. They always come up with excuses not to jam, and need to be high to jam. Beyond that, they constantly ditch me, and if we make plans for say a movie I end up going home because I "invited myself".

I need somebody to tell me it's possible to find a band with decent people. I'm ready to to start killing people. Now if you listen to the song on my myspace, its obvious im still not that great. but thing is, i can write an entire song. they can't even jam for 10 minutes without needing a bowl or wanting to stop. yet, something tells them they are much better then me.

[/rant]

pff patience.
you'll find someone soon.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
incorrect, they suck. the're unprofessional. just look for other musicians that are more suitable. you'll find them eventually
dont get back with them then. do what i did. get a pc interface and start promoting YOURSELF. speaking of which: www.myspace.com/ronniedisaronno :P yeah, i did this after getting fired from a band for being 'Over Qualified'. a couple months later, i had countless auditions lined up, people begging me to join them. still do :P
I guess it's like in a relationship, but you will find individuals who share the same philosophy and passion for music as you do. You can always convince a friend to start playing...

- Black Am. Strat
- Gibson Standard SG
- Marshall JVM 410 100W
- Vox V847 Wah Pedal
- Ibanez Tubescreamer
- Roger Mayer Octavia Pedal
- Fender Frontman DSP 65W

That's about it.
Quote by Blues_Breaker72
I guess it's like in a relationship,

Exactly. Losers are easy to become 'friends' with, and are easy to get into bands with. Why? Because they're losers. Others are more selective, because they don't want to associate with certain types of people that don't hold their standards, ideals, etc.

Persist. They're out there.... and remember... as much as you are looking for people like them... they're looking for people like you.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Y'know, you already left this band once because they pissed you off so much. You know damn well that they're just gonna piss you off again if you re-join them, so save your self a lot of grief and simply don't bother.

I've been playing in bands for somewhere around 25 years and it took me quite a long time before I finaly found a lineup that I was really happy with. And to be honest, it wasn't all down to the people I was in bands with, a lot of it was me, still growing up.
Still, everything has it's advantage. Because I went from band to band, trying to find that perfect line up, I ended up playing with lot's and lots of different musicians, who all had lots of different influences, who in turn all influenced me.
I learned a massive amount from all these guys, even if I couldn't get along with half of them.

Even the band I'm in now has a person in it that I used to be in another band with, who I really struggled to get along with at the time, but that was about 17 years ago and people change as they get older. In our case we both changed (for the better) and now he's my best mate.

I'd advise you to play with as many people as possible, just jam around for a while, eventualy you'll have a mental list of guys you know, who are both great musicians and easy to get along with, who you'd like to have in your dream band.
Then with a little hard work, you could make that band happen.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 21, 2008,
I say dont go bac, theyl just steal your song and leve you hanging. Altough, dont know why i even bother posting here, since Slacker is an advice ginig god.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by sepsiskis
woman beating

that's enough to kick his ass n kick him out
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!