ok so i bought a zune 2 christmas's ago, when they first came out and i had no problems until now. i noticed that there were people talking about a zune software version 3.0, but when i checked what version i had, it said 2.3. i had been able to update multiple times before this but when i clicked search for updates an error would pop up. i tried searching for the error but there were no similar problems. i just uninstalled the zune software from my computer hoping to be able to download the 3.0 from the website, but every time i try, a page comes up saying:

Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at download.microsoft.com.

any help?
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
i tried it on IE, but the page still wouldnt load
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
i sure hope it is...and i tried the microsoft download site and it still wouldnt work
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by KetchupLad14
Are you sure the website is connecting?

Maybe it's just down temporarily, which isn't cool either, but you should try it on another computer.

Well, there is a Zune thread btw, but did you follow the directions 100% clearly?

I also have a 1st gen Zune, and all I did was open up the software, and it told me that there was an update available. I waited the 45 odd minutes for it to download, then plugged in my Zune and let it update also.

Make sure that you have all the newest updates for your OS (im running Vista), and from there, If your problems persist, then I recommend calling Microsoft.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
i've tried the whole update thing a few times before this and the error would always come up so i just thought there wasnt an update, but now i see that there have been a few....
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by All_Hands_Dead
i've tried the whole update thing a few times before this and the error would always come up so i just thought there wasnt an update, but now i see that there have been a few....

yeah, Vista is ver, very cranky when it doesn't have its updates.

Speciffically SP1 and all the Zune updates.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
i have XP Home Edition, not Vista
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by All_Hands_Dead
i have XP Home Edition, not Vista

Thats odd. Normally XP auto updates all the stuff, do you have auto update off?
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by BaconFrenzy117
Thats odd. Normally XP auto updates all the stuff, do you have auto update off?

no, i just dont get why the software wont download, especially since its straight from microsoft
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by All_Hands_Dead
no, i just dont get why the software wont download, especially since its straight from microsoft

See, I updated as soon as I booted the Zune software, It told me too, so i did.

hm.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
i was able to install it fine, try this link, although it sounds like you may have tried here already:
http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunesoftware/download.htm
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
You didn't really get screwed over, the updates just not working. Listen to the people above.

And anyways, I don't know many people whose iPods lasted two years with no problems.
i've tried just about everything to get my zune software back....maybe finding the box and getting the cd back out would work, but i'd have to re-sync everything to my zune and that would take forever
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████