I've had an acoustic guitar for about a year now, and have had a fun time just hearing me playing afterwars as I have a crappy microphone. So, basicly, I could manage to get quality enough to actually hear what note it was (whoppie frickin doo).

But anyway, I was happy about that. And as I'm more or less a distortion/soundshredding lover I bloody threw in some dist afterwards on the recorded pieace for the heck of it (To utterly destroy that last pieace of tone that where, and because I like dist. And yes, I know that it doesn't sound like an amp-dist. It sounds like a crap-dist.. but I like that)

Now, I can actually reproduce this in realtime as I can just add the distortion and the EQ's and the compressors and all of that ontop of the incomming signals or in whatever way it all goes (Im still new to these technical stuff, which why I'm asking here) to get the effect I want on the outgoing signals (to the speaker).

But I´ve encountered quite a problem here. I get some sick bloody feedbacks as soon as I start playing (Doesn't matter if I have the dist on or not). Most often with a "wave" of increasing bass. Its rare that I get the howls that feedback usually gives.

And yeah, I know I should get a build't in mic for the guitar. But I'm not really going to get one right now (Altough I´d be awesome, as the sound quality would increas tremendously).

So, my question is, how should I tackle this problem with the feedback? I know of feedback-eliminators but I think I can solve this much simpler.

P.S If it does any difference, the speakers are in the same direction as the microphone as I do this onfront of the computer (In order to overlook all the effects and equalizers)
i dont understand what you are asking.

are you mic'ing an acoustic and getting feedback when playing it in real time through your computer speakers?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you need to lower the speaker volume or use a headphone.

you can't use the computer like an amp.

you can record to the computer.

and you'll probably have the best luck with the speakers low and moved pointed away from you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011