Id go for the epiphone, looks better and good stock pickups for that price
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Id actully get the EC1000
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Yeah I'd go for the EC-1000 if you want to go for the Eclipse
I'm Tyler
Which is a lot more expensive :P
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
the prophecy series are a really good value.
i would go with one of them
good hardware fro a decent price
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
get the ltd much better quality
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Well... yeah, I'd go for the Epiphone. Looks like a better deal.
I'm Tyler
We'll I say try them both first, but if you want to, check this video out, shows off the Prophecy quite well:
http://www.vimeo.com/1761303
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh
We'll I say try them both first, but if you want to, check this video out, shows off the Prophecy quite well:
http://www.vimeo.com/1761303

Yeah iv seen his video's and i was impressed with the Prophecy in CC and Take this life. Just couldnt find a EC-500 video that was good enough to do a comparison
I'd go for the Epiphone, as I've got one myself, though mine is a standard, if you had more money I'd go for the Ec-1000.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by sharpant
£299 with 81/85 EMG's grrrrrrr why did you show me this guitar!!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75277

Haha spreading the word i guess. Funny enough i rang a local guitar store thats a Epiphone dealer i told him did they have any he said he'd never heard it so i explained to it him and he was like a guitar like this with 85/81 EMG's for 500 euro's wow thats a great deal!
Quote by StevoIRL

If money is no object, the ESP is probaly better made, whereas the Les paul custom is better value for money, although I personally prefer the sg prophecy.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Any more final thoughts? Im pretty much going to get the Epiphone unless someone wants to give me reason not to.
Prophecy imo. About the same quality than the EC, and its 150€ cheaper. But test befor you buy. I say this by viewing its specs.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I've heard amazing stuff about the Epiphone Prophecy series.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Why don't you try both out then decide?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ESP/LTD 500...the 1000 only has a Tonepros bridge, abalone binding, and some other cosmetic stuff, they're basically the same guitar. and unless you're getting an epi semi/hollow body, or an elitist, I don't feel they're really worth the money.
The Prophecy and the EC-500 are very similar according to the specs only difference being the EMG 60 in the EC-500. The big difference is the cost the Prophecy is 200 quid cheaper or more and what i want to know is that either to the ESP being a better build or ESP just trying to rip off people.
if i hadda choose i'd pick the ESP but if you're after a prophecy i'd get and EM-2 custom FX, there an amazing metal guitar and dead cheap too, it'd easily match the sound and feel opf the ESP anyday
EC-500 is a little lighter, but has the EMG Actives. The Epi has Passive EMG's. The EC actually looks nicer Imo, and it has more controls, i.e. the extra volume knob. The Active EMG's are the most noticable difference I think. So, I'd say go for the EC.
I really like the idea of the prophecy, but just couldn't stand playing it for some reason. just didn't feel right. But if you play one and like it, it's a great deal.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top