Hi all. I'm a rather amateur acoustic guitar player, and I'd like to be able to record myself onto my computer. I've used all types of webcams and shitty computer mics, but needless to say, they sound like crap. What kind of equipment is a good idea to buy to record onto a computer? I'm also not looking to break the bank here. Thanks!
Good condensor mic comes about £79 or cheaper if you look in the right places.
USB Interface cost about £50 for a reasonable one.

xx
Thanks for the advice guys. Samson makes a condenser mic that connects right to a USB. Is this a good idea?
mmm Usb conections when it comes to mics arent as good of a signal as ud get with a xlr lead going into an interface. but itd work i think.
Yeah, I just bought a Toneport UX1 so I can start recording my own stuff, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Sometimes I think I am technologically impaired or something......but I think any type of USB interface will probably be one of the easiest recording solutions
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
Yeah, I just bought a Toneport UX1 so I can start recording my own stuff, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Sometimes I think I am technologically impaired or something......but I think any type of USB interface will probably be one of the easiest recording solutions

Yeah they're pretty good IMO. I think they're a great choice if you just want to start recording. Btw, pm me if you want help with your Toneport
Quote by blistercity
Yeah they're pretty good IMO. I think they're a great choice if you just want to start recording. Btw, pm me if you want help with your Toneport

Thanks, I feel like the biggest ****ing noob making new threads about how to use it when there are hundreds already out there, but somehow I can never find the answers I'm looking for.
I realize this is a WAY old thread, but I have yet to purchase any recording equipment I'll probably end up getting the UX-2, but I was wondering about which mic I ought to get. I want one that is decent for both vocals and acoustic guitar, but rather cheap. Any suggestions?
Something like this would be a good choice...

http://www.mxlmics.com/products/USB/Studio1/Studio1.html

It means you don't need an interface to connect with your computer. While I've never had experience with this particular mic, MXL tends to have very nice microphones for the price. I have friends who have used things similar from them with very good results.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
For anyone who cares...I ended up buying the Tascam "TNT" bundle, which has their US122L interface, mxl large condenser mic, and cubase LE software (only 100 bucks on ebay!). It took a little to get everything set up correctly, but this was exactly what I was looking for. Now I just need a mic stand...and a pop filter...

Thanks for all your help.
I recommend getting a decent field recorder. For acoustic guitar, it's really all you need unless you want true professional quality, in which case you'd have to spend thousands.