it is not rare to see pedals on e-bay going for very reasonable prices, but i was wondering if it was safe to buy used pedals, i mean i dont mind about a little cosmetic damage, but is it going to be less reliable or anything?
generally used gear is great value

you could get unlucky, but i have a 2nd hand pedal which is cheap and old but works fine

as i say, you'll probly be ok unless youre unlucky
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
If you're on Ebay, read the seller's feedback.
Everything should be good, pedals are built to last!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Metal stomp boxes are built to last and pretty hard to damage under normal use. I personally havent ever hear about anyone having problems with that. go for it
the only failures ive ever seen are the switch if its not mechanical bypass and sometimes the plugs can wear out so that they need an occasional jiggling or just not work at all. id email and ask specifically about those problems as its alot easier to "forget" to mention something in an ad than lie directly to a person. if its good than go for it. i have pedals i got used that must have five years plus on em and they still work fine. ps sometimes you can fix the jiggling problem with a q tip and a little zippo fluid just by cleaning out the jacks.
yeahh cos i'm after a Boss DD20 delay which tend to be realy rathe pricey new. however i've seen some good deals on e-bay, mostly second hand, and wanted to know its a safe buy.
Quote by symanoy
yeahh cos i'm after a Boss DD20 delay which tend to be realy rathe pricey new. however i've seen some good deals on e-bay, mostly second hand, and wanted to know its a safe buy.

With pedals and such I wouldn't worry about it. Those things are built to last decades. And if anything does go wrong, they are usualy really easy to fix.

Go for it. (the DD20 is an amazing echo/delay by the way)

.....but i would NEVER buy a used guitar. Thats a whole differant story.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
They are usually very good. ALWAYS check the sellers ratings. I bought my amp and my guitar off ebay. My guitar has been going strong for a year now and my amp several months