Page 1 of 3
I was with a friend of mine in Tesco's and I tried to buy a packet of tesco value plastic fork, knife and spoons. We only required the spoon but when we got to checkout they asked to see our ID. As we were both 17 we couldn't get served so we asked if we could buy the packet, remove the spoon and dispose of the knives and forks and go. They still refused to do this as it would be a breach of the law.

Basically I want to know which stupid ****er made it illegal to sell a plastic fork and knife to someone under the age of 18, find them and stab them with plastic forks until they realise that I'm not damaging them and they unmake it illegal. Stupid laws need removing and this is where we should start. Bring back underage fork buying!
haha
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
were there not any packets of just spoons?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by guitarhero_764
Where do you live?

england

tesco is the biggest supermarket in the UK
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
that's actually really embarrassing

as for you, you spin a story like a spider spins a web
see? that's a metaphor - no wait, a simile
i'm still learning, but i think i'm getting better
A freind of a friend got ID'd buying vanilla extract. Apparently it's 35% alcohol, but I'm not sure I know anyone who'd be willing to find out if you can get drunk on it.
Pwnt. I got ID'd trying to buy Counter Strike: Source, which is funny because I have a big goatee..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
That must be the worst thing to happen to anyone.

Be denied plastic spoons and forks. oh god what has the world come to...

On a lighter note, I bought some Ben&Jerry's and picked up a free plastic spork from Tesco today. And just ate it outside.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by moody git
were there not any packets of just spoons?

Only teaspoons. And I'm not going to eat an entire meal using a teaspoon. Or use them as chopsticks as the girl in the shop suggested.

I live in Leeds, England btw.
....back in those days those forks didnt enforce the law....they WERE the law. i didnt write that some asshole had it on his website, but i wish i did, its a good line!! out there, these forks didnt enforce the law... they WERE the laAWW!
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
i got ID'd to get a plastic SPOON in tescos.
me and my mates had to get her mum to get us some spoons to eat our ice cream with
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
What...the...****.
This makes no sense
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Supermarket staff are usually fucking morons. They're almost as bad as the Labour party who thought up these retarded laws in the first place.
i once killed a man with a plastic fork, my friend, right in the eye
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Weird, I live in England and I don't even get asked for id when I get alcohol
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I got forked once.

'Twas pretty cool.

plastic forkings are no laughing matter
Or you could go to the US an buy a handgun to eat with.

Always eat protected.
Thats hillarious. Seriously, id die laughing if somone IDed me buying plastic knives/forks, what about the little blue ones you get with chippy? Could they be a possible offence?
You get ID'd for everything over here, its ridiculous.

The once we were having a family party and my Aunt asked me and my cousins to get some alcohol from the Sainsburys opposite. I'm 16, my cousin was 15 and my other cousin was 19. We got the beer and they ID'd my cousin. They accepted he was 19, but they wouldn't let him buy the beer because he might give to us when he went outside.

My cousin then had an argument with the woman at the checkout because this completely unfair. If a parent has a child with them, they're allowed to buy alcohol, how is that any different? It pissed me off so much.
i worked at tesco for 4 years in the wines and spirits departent then they ID'd me in the same store the other day for a dvd, they just like being assholes, next you'll need your parents with you to use cutlery in the cafe.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I don't get it I'm sure you could get a stick from the ground that would be sharper and more lethal. They have gone overboard to try to reassure people that knife crimes will be prevented but they're also useful tools. I'm sure the pen-knife has saved more lives than it has destroyed (although I can't actually back this up).
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by Ragen
I was with a friend of mine in Tesco's and I tried to buy a packet of tesco value plastic fork, knife and spoons. We only required the spoon but when we got to checkout they asked to see our ID. As we were both 17 we couldn't get served so we asked if we could buy the packet, remove the spoon and dispose of the knives and forks and go. They still refused to do this as it would be a breach of the law.

Basically I want to know which stupid ****er made it illegal to sell a plastic fork and knife to someone under the age of 18, find them and stab them with plastic forks until they realise that I'm not damaging them and they unmake it illegal. Stupid laws need removing and this is where we should start. Bring back underage fork buying!

Unmake it illegal?

Fail
Here is my signature.
I've got plastic cutlery before without needing ID. Knives and everything. You fail at life.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
eat with your hands and stop trying to buy lethal weapons
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Quote by break-me-in
I've got plastic cutlery before without needing ID. Knives and everything. You fail at life.

For being refused plastic cutlery?
I know you're maybe "joking" but that's not a nice thing to say to anyone, even as a joke.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
i work at spar. We have a huge list of stuff we're spose to ID people for. Some of it's just dumb sh*t. Like party poppers. You have to be 16 to buy them... because the small amount of explosive n streamers inside could destory the world... Plastic forks is a new one to me though
Quote by untalented
For being refused plastic cutlery?
I know you're maybe "joking" but that's not a nice thing to say to anyone, even as a joke.

If he takes that comment seriously, gets genuinely depressed and hangs himself, then maybe he will actually have failed at life. Until that happens, I think we can all get along with the fact that I'm not being serious and what some stranger says to him on the internet about plastic knives will barely affect him, if at all. If this were a more sensitive topic or someone had just died or something, obviously, I wouldn't say that to him.

And of all the cruel and insulting things that people say on this site, you pick up on that one? Where have you been?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
What about a tooth brush? I could kill five people with it in the time it takes the cashier to look for change in the drawer.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Page 1 of 3