http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUME-BOX-FOR-PEAVEY-CLASSIC-30-50-5150-XXX-DELTA-BLUE_W0QQitemZ200255222201QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200255222201&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is it similar to the 'suck knob' thats occasionally on ebay?

It says it does the exact same thing as an attenuator, but if it does, what the chance that it'll kill tone as well?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
It's bollocks, it's just a volume knob in a box - basically they do nothing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No, those knobs just act as if your amp had a master volume by putting them in the effects loop. They do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to improve tone. An attinuator on the other had will, and cost a hell of alot more money.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
oh k just wondering, cause as i was reading i was like...hey this sounds like an attenuator, then i saw the price and i was like...no. lol
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I was wondering the same thing.. But like for metal, isn't the 'cranked pre-amp' something you would want? I'd think so, so why are they useless?
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
Quote by fearo
I was wondering the same thing.. But like for metal, isn't the 'cranked pre-amp' something you would want? I'd think so, so why are they useless?

That is a complete and utter load of bollocks that's been spread around UG by people who have no idea what they're talking about, just ignore someone if they say that.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I just ordered this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-254

to install into my Valve Junior Combo - it works sweet as can be according to all the "modding" guys over at SEWATT. Crank up the amp - turn down the volume (on the L-Pad) and voila' - A POOR MAN'S ATTENUATOR. It simply works! Some claim a BRITE mod helps brighten up the tone after the L-Pad kicks in but I can handle that once I get it installed...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by fearo

Because the amp already has a master volume and that box is well just a master volume. Hence it does nothing at all!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009