http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fret-LIghts-installed-into-your-Ibanez-Jem-neck_W0QQitemZ380064667465QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380064667465&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

We use a special technique to install the led's into our neck without removing the fret board , this process doesn't damage or weaken the neck , and gives an impressive and unique display.
Our Fret Lights are available in a range of colours you can choose from White , Blue , Green , Red , Amber , & even Pink . The winner of this auction can choose the colour of the fretlight. The neck looks like any other neck when switched off , but switch them on and see the difference. The lights are controlled by a Switch, and powered by a 9 volt battery , that should fit into the control cavity .

Opinions?

Sorry if this has been covered before..
*sniffs* whats that smell...
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

DO WANT.

If it were real that is. Looks awesome though.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
What's so special about JEM necks? Since it sais its for a JEM neck?
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
My opinion?

He put an apostrophe in 'LEDs' when it is a plural of 'LED' so doesn't need one.
He also capitalised the first letter of 'switch' and of all the colours, which is unnecessary as they are not proper nouns.
Also you don't really need to put a space before a comma, and don't even get me started on the sentence structure.

So overall I think it sucked. Also it does sound like a scam, and fret lights would look awful anyway.
Last edited by rigiddigits at Sep 20, 2008,
Looks Photoshopped to me, I would love for a Mark King style LED neck from the Status Bass, That'd be hell awesome!

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Looks cool but also very fake. If it were real wouldn't you have to drill a hole from the neck pocket to the control cavity. Plus the truss rod would be in the way, wouldn't it.

The glo-guards look badass, I wish they were real.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by elliott FTW
check out... http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/
if your in UK. if your in US, i dunno, cant help you.

The guitars on the front of that are the same as in the auction..

Just to let you all know.. I wasn't actually considering doing this or anything, just sharing.
shoudnt hurt anything. they probably just over bore the truss rod hole to run the wiring up it and drill holes through to mount the lights in. if you only send them your neck though youd be left to wire it into the body yourself which might be hard on some guitars. what do you do when one of the lights stops working?
you guys should check the ebay feedback on this guy before calling it fake. also it would be pretty hard to sell a service you cant do. come on common sense guys.
Quote by dandadog
The guitars on the front of that are the same as in the auction..

Just to let you all know.. I wasn't actually considering doing this or anything, just sharing.

in which case, its legit. coz my dad got a custom strat he made a glow guard ad fret inlays, and their quality is VERY good. highly recommend
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
it's not fake, I think, there0s a vid in they're website
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
shoudnt hurt anything. they probably just over bore the truss rod hole to run the wiring up it and drill holes through to mount the lights in. if you only send them your neck though youd be left to wire it into the body yourself which might be hard on some guitars. what do you do when one of the lights stops working?

The wires would get in the way of any possible truss rod adjustment, they would also have to drill a canal from the neck joint to the control cavity, which is just stupid. In the pics on the auction, at least one of the guitars would be set neck I think, so on a set neck guitar they wouldn't be able to have the wire going through the truss rod slot like that...
Quote by metaldud536
Looks like a scam. Those photos could be photoshopped. And they should explain exactly how they do this because playing with the guitar neck is not a good idea.

This type of work has been done many times however it's the first time I've seen lights installed in the pick guard plate...looks outstanding but high in price...
No thanks, even if I had a spontaneous mental lapse and decided to pimp my guitar with stupid Christmas lights, my guitar has trapezoid (or whatever they're called) inlays. Let's see them put leds on those without making a mess.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by elliott FTW
check out... http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/
if your in UK. if your in US, i dunno, cant help you.

That's the exact same company as who's selling on Ebay.

And my opinion?
It looks legit to me, but I wouldn't actually buy that.
Aside from not wanting to **** up a handbuilt Strat, and pay 400 dollars for a guitar mounted glow stick, that'd probably totally throw my playing off during a gig or something. Just the thought of 20 LEDs blazing at your eyes as you're trying to play a solo bothers me.

But it'd look freaking awesome.

/rant

EDIT: I looked on their site, and found glow knobs. If they actually worked, 16 bucks each is awesome.
Last edited by Zeppelin_1223 at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
Looks like a scam. Those photos could be photoshopped. And they should explain exactly how they do this because playing with the guitar neck is not a good idea.

Sorry?

There's plenty of sites out there that do this. They wouldn't be in business if it ****ed up your guitar.