Hi

I have a camcorder, a laptop and a mic (which is plugged into the laptop)

I want to record my band at practice tomorrow and the last time we did the sound came out crap on the camcorder.

So my question is can i "splice" or record in a way that i can get better sound capture with my laptop ?

Hope that made sense

Thanks

p.s sorry if in wrong place but i wasn't sure where to put it
wtf is splice?

is that an ice-cream flavour or something?
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
a terrible word choice i know :P

What i meant was to capture video and at the same time record audio with laptop and join them together. So not "splice"

Join

How would i do this?

Thanks
Verb

Infinitive

to splice
1. to join together or unite (two ropes or parts of a rope) by the interweaving of strands.
2. to unite (timbers, spars, or the like) by overlapping and binding their ends.
3. to unite (film, magnetic tape, or the like) by butting and cementing.
4. to join or unite.

l2english, LOL!

EDIT: You could probably record the video on the camcorder and the sound on the mic, then edit it together in something like Adobe Premiere Pro.
Last edited by Boz0r at Sep 20, 2008,
Windows Movie Maker maybe? To put them together; I mean.

Dunno how you'd record audio and video from two separate devices then put them together; other than recording them through two different programs then converting the audio and video of each file then working with the buggy Windows Movie Maker.

That's all I can think of; hope that helps.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by OffspringPhreak
Windows Movie Maker maybe? To put them together; I mean.

Dunno how you'd record audio and video from two separate devices then put them together; other than recording them through two different programs then converting the audio and video of each file then working with the buggy Windows Movie Maker.

That's all I can think of; hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion
Quote by Boz0r
Verb

Infinitive

to splice
1. to join together or unite (two ropes or parts of a rope) by the interweaving of strands.
2. to unite (timbers, spars, or the like) by overlapping and binding their ends.
3. to unite (film, magnetic tape, or the like) by butting and cementing.
4. to join or unite.

l2english, LOL!

I feel so dumb right now
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Quote by jp607
Thanks for the suggestion

No problem; depending on how long it is, it'll take a long loooong time to save. Just a heads up. It's prone to crashing for no reason too; just be patient with it, and play around with the controls options until you get used to it. I'm currently trying to find a free alternative to it, if I manage to find a replacement worth looking into I'll post a link to it here.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Heres what I suggest, and keep in mind I do good quality youtube videos all the time which you can see in my sig...

I use a MiniDV camera and also record audio at the same time using an audio interface and desktop computer.

I suggest using your camera for the video only but if you want better audio, invest in an audio interface and record at the same time you record the video.

Export the audio as a WAV and import it with the video into an editing program such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or even Windows Movie Maker (save often with any program though...they tend to crash on laptops).

For more info on audio interfaces and mics go to R&R and read up or post there.
Using your laptop and small mic will always sound like crap. You need an interface.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 20, 2008,