Page 1 of 2
i think these guys deserve their own thread. the only word to describe this band is heavy. When the riff at 2:25 in nihility kicks in it is simply insane. even better stoned.

www.myspace.com/blacksheepwallmusic
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Need to pick up a copy of God songs, heavy but not pointlessly heavy. *Shelsmusic announced today they're recording the follow-up record in January.
Quote by technicolour
wtf, isn't "black sheep wall" a cheat you enter in star craft so you can view the entire map?

lol yes. I imagine that's where the name came from, which makes them even more kick ass. Love this band.
sick, really good band to bump. and lol at the mention earlier of starcraft, i was gonna come in and say that. this band is heavy as ****.
i saw the thread title thinking it had something to do with the Black sheep cafe (a DIY harcore venue in springfield,IL) because the walls are completely tagged by local and national hardcore bands who have come threw on tours...

guess not haha!
Band is heavy as all ****. Makes me happy that there can be heavy bands who aren't all about the "MAD BREAKDOWNZ YO". Also, this band + pot = victory
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by zezimathehero
Band is heavy as all ****. Makes me happy that there can be heavy bands who aren't all about the "MAD BREAKDOWNZ YO". Also, this band + pot = victory

+1
This is pretty cool, i can actually get past the breakdowns with this band.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

What genre are these guys? I know they have the old vocalist for The Faceless but the only people I see commenting in this thread are the hardcore dudes so I can't really figure out if I'm going to like it or not =/
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
listen for yourself. insane buildup in nihility. the guitarist uses sunn amps which makes them 100 x cooler
Quote by GodofCheesecake
What genre are these guys? I know they have the old vocalist for The Faceless but the only people I see commenting in this thread are the hardcore dudes so I can't really figure out if I'm going to like it or not =/

Ok imagine Sunn 0))), Meshuggah and The Faceless had a musical lovechild. But heavier. That's Black Sheep Wall.
These guys are great for whenever I feel like listening to something heavy but I can't really listen to the whole album.
Noriega EP is out

it rules so far

(Noriega has dudes from BSW, BSW is over)

The first song is called "You Are God Songs" haha

(BSW album is I Am God Songs)
Last edited by Lappo at Dec 8, 2009,
you guys should also check out Admiral Angry if you don't know them already
I've heard of admiral angry, but not the other band.
I really don't like the clean singing in the one BSW song. And after about 4 or 5 tracks, the songs start to blend together. But those 4 or 5 songs kickass.
i enjoy admiral angry's music better, but i prefer black sheep wall's vocals better.
suits the music more.
admiral angry is almost all i've listened to this week.
bumped! band is epic.

apparently they are broken up. this makes me mad; anyone know when that happened?
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
I don't like Noriega as much as BSW. Noriega still rules.
Quote by seeneyj
yeah i feel similarly

ep was pretty short though, won't be able to say for sure until they come out with a full-length

that they named a track Ballacaust, though, gives them some extra points in my book
BUMP FOR EPIC JUSTICE

NEW ALBUM ANNOUNCED ON SHELSMUSIC

holy DICK i am so happy right now
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
What The Cocks
Quote by seeneyj
srsly

:OOO

where did you see this news
Last edited by Lappo at Apr 5, 2010,
http://shels.wordpress.com/ (scroll down)

!!!

it was announced on December 18th (amazingly, my birthday o_O) and i guess no one thought to check it out until now.

if you look on their myspace their status is "we're (not) dead" as well. i think they added the (not) a while ago; i saw a post relating to it on their last.fm page from February.

EDIT: here is the quote:

Quote by Shelsmusic
- Black Sheep Wall — New Album!
www.myspace.com/blacksheepwallmusic

It’s been a crazy few years for LA’s nihilistic doom crew Black Sheep Wall. We’ll refrain from delving into all the nitty gritty – the news is this, BSW will be pushing forward with work on a new and as yet untitled album with Admiral Angry Drummer, Chris Stites behind the drums. The long awaited follow-up to their 2008 debut “I Am God Songs” is planned for 2010 release through Shelsmusic.

watch. this. space.

and this as well in the same post:

set to bring you new releases from *Shels, Admiral Angry, Black Sheep Wall (that’s right!), Ef, Brother Ghost, Pretend, The Ascent of Everest and more in 2010…
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Last edited by RPExecutor at Apr 5, 2010,
be still my loins
Quote by seeneyj
Yeah they've been making suggesting myspace bulletins from time to time too, cant wait to hear more destruction!
Page 1 of 2