Hey, I 've been looking into buying a suuuuuuuper cheap guitar, and Axl has won the contest. #1. Does anyone know much about these? #2. Where can I buy BadWater series ones online???

-Thanks.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

they SUCK balls..tbh
I mean..look at your gear list..
WHY ARE YOU CONSIDERING A BLOCK OF WOOD???
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
its not proper decent wood, it sounds like a cats arse being dragged across sandpaper..
but hey..hes got the caparisons and gibsons and want to throw his cash away on blocks of wood....
I had an AXL as my learner guitar, my dad was so annoyed at the pickups falling out and the jack plug breaking, he went and bought me an Epiphone

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
If its anything like another Axl then it'll be decent for the first few years then take a decade to figure out whether or not it wants to make music.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Axes
Gibson '84 Reissue Explorer - EMG 85/85
Gibson Commemorative Fyling V - '57 Classics
Caparison TAT - DiMarzio Evolution Set
Caparison Dellinger II - Stock
Gibson New Century Explorer - Duncan Invaders
Schecter Sunset FR - EMG 81/89 Active

His sig...

vs an AXL under £150 bag-o-shit..

Im sorry, but you are either lying about your gear...
or you want to say "yea that thing is proper crap..look what else ive got"
e-penis enlargement...
Exactly how many people here have tried these, specifically the Badwater series?

Funny, last Badwater guitar I tried wasn't too shabby in the least. In fact, it's a pretty damn decent guitar for the price and has had pretty good reviews elsewhere. Only reason why I didn't pick it up at the time was it simply wasn't the color I wanted, and the white one's seem a little harder to get.

Sure, like anything else, you'll want to be able to try it out first, as I'm sure QC can be a little spotty, so is the QC on Gibsons (for example).

Try one out first and make up your own mind.

edit: And what does his gear have anything to do with wanting a cheap guitar? So what? Ever hear of getting something inexpensive just to tool around with and not have to worry about if anything were to happen to it?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by Hakael
Exactly how many people here have tried these, specifically the Badwater series?

Funny, last Badwater guitar I tried wasn't too shabby in the least. In fact, it's a pretty damn decent guitar for the price and has had pretty good reviews elsewhere. Only reason why I didn't pick it up at the time was it simply wasn't the color I wanted, and the white one's seem a little harder to get.

Sure, like anything else, you'll want to be able to try it out first, as I'm sure QC can be a little spotty, so is the QC on Gibsons (for example).

Try one out first and make up your own mind.

edit: And what does his gear have anything to do with wanting a cheap guitar? So what? Ever hear of getting something inexpensive just to tool around with and not have to worry about if anything were to happen to it?

That's what I'm saying. I got my first Ibanez a few months ago, so now I'm gonna try something else that I can abuse in large amounts. I've never played an Axl, but they caught my eye while I was browsing through Musician'sFriend, so if they weren't too bad, I'd like to buy one to throw around a bit. The BadWater series seemed nice after I went through some of their guitars on the website, because it looks like an aged strat. Also, the EMG-Designed pickups for a guitar that cheap, either they're not as good as they seem, or 250 reviews are people lying out their @$*es. Anyway, does anyone even own one here?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

never trust the reviews of MF
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
anyone considered maybe he wants a cheap guitar to customize or have as a stage backup that he wont miss to much if something happens to it?
I know youtube isn't exactly the greatest, but I thought this wasn't a terribly bad example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10vAnE2z3po

Funny thing is AXL was listening to the comment regarding the shiny badge on the headstock. On later productions, they have the badge branded on the headstock to match the rest of the aesthetics.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Hey! =D Thank you very much. Although, does anyone know where you can buy these online? I don't go out to the store very much anymore =/
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Here's a list of online stores from their website. I can't say I've purchased anything from any of them though.

http://www.axlguitars.com/onlinestores.html
why not a squier?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I've used Squier's many times before. They're not too bad, but I already know what they're like. I've never played and Axl, and Squier's aren't Metal guitars. I wouldn't take the time to fix up a Squier into a heavy metal guitar. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

why not an agile for that matter?
www.rondomusic.com
even cheaper than AXL, but better quality
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
You ever bought anything from that website? It seems alright, but I've never used it.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by fairycake92
they SUCK balls..tbh
I mean..look at your gear list..
WHY ARE YOU CONSIDERING A BLOCK OF WOOD???

understatement....

piece of wood with strings on top. not to mention the metal bridge thats supposed to look expensive
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
I would personally tell you to get an agile.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by CaparisonCore
I've used Squier's many times before. They're not too bad, but I already know what they're like. I've never played and Axl, and Squier's aren't Metal guitars. I wouldn't take the time to fix up a Squier into a heavy metal guitar. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I've seen Adrian Smith play a squire just fine before, might have been modified though.