which one should i buy?
Vox AC 15 CC1
or
Peavey classic 30
they are both 600 bucks
I have the AC30 CC2, Top amp really, I'd think the 15 were just the same in tonal quality, I'd go for trhe Vox, but i've had no experience with the peavey

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
i wasn't that impressed with the ac15 i tried. ^ the ac30 is great, the ac15cc, not so much. at least based on the one i tried (which was second-hand) but i've heard others saying the same thing. i'd go with the peavey to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Whether or not the AC15 is great is up to the user. I was satisfied with the tone/price ratio.

But the Classic 30 is very Voxy. However, so is the V33, which is a way better deal than the Classic 30.
oh yeah, of course try them out. i just meant i disagreed with the statement that since the ac30cc is nice, the ac15cc must be too, as i liked the ac30cc, but not the ac15cc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wasn't that impressed with the ac15 i tried. ^ the ac30 is great, the ac15cc, not so much. at least based on the one i tried (which was second-hand) but i've heard others saying the same thing. i'd go with the peavey to be honest.

+1000
Exactly what I was planning to say
I've played both the Vox and the Peavey, and I'd have to say I liked the Vox more. But then again, you have to remember that the Vox is British voiced and the Peavey is American voiced. What styles are you trying to play?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I've played both the Vox and the Peavey, and I'd have to say I liked the Vox more. But then again, you have to remember that the Vox is British voiced and the Peavey is American voiced. What styles are you trying to play?

Err, no, they're both british voiced and they're both suited to the same styles. The classic 30 has more gain and can do metal with an OD if that's you're thing.

I'd go for a used classic 30 and a nice OD pedal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

Lulz, the stock suggestion for new amps.

A good one nonetheless.

Also: Crate V series.
^The V is a better value. I personally like it better than the C30.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Err, no, they're both british voiced and they're both suited to the same styles. The classic 30 has more gain and can do metal with an OD if that's you're thing.

You sure? The cleans on the C30 sounded very Fender-esque. I'm pretty sure Peavey based the C30 off a Fender also.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^More like a Vox
All right, I'm not sure enough to argue the point.
Quote by Cathbard
neither am i... i noticed parts of vox, and fender in the c30...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A used Classic 30 ($300) costs more than a new V33 ($249). Both good amps for what your doing. Try them both and evaluate what gets the tone you want and more for your money. .
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.