Page 1 of 2
I did a quick searchbar look, didn't find anything useful.
Anyway, I wanted to learn some odd form of self defence, I've always though that nunchucks looked quite cool. Any tips?
Also theres a question of legality around actual nunchucks I think, so would you be actually allowed to carry them on your person?
meh
Nunchucks? I thought they were illegal now.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Is Nunchaku like Pikachu? If so, I want it
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by metaldud536
Get a sword instead. Don't be a faggot like Michelangelo. He might be the funniest turtle, but who wants to be him?

GTFO

Donatello was obviously the best.
Quote by metaldud536
Get a sword instead. Don't be a faggot like Michelangelo. He might be the funniest turtle, but who wants to be him?

or you could just use a stick
edit: ^lol
Hand to hand combat forms are more useful...
Its unlikely you'll have a pair of nunchaku on hand while in a situation like that.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Harmonius
Nunchucks? I thought they were illegal now.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I think some types are legal, but it depends what they are.
Edit: It says that they may only be used on Private premises (crap) only can be on your person in public if they are being transported to another place. But then again, having a sword on you isn't exactly going to go unnoticed.
meh
Last edited by ZackyJW83 at Sep 20, 2008,
dude, even if you did get nunchucks and walked around with them, no one would think you were cool. they'd be like, "hey, look at the retard with the nunchucks." the only one who can make nunchucks cool is Will Ferrell.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
just practice practice practice, take it slow then build up speed. get the cheap foam ones first to practice and when you get better get a metal or wooden one with chains.
my teacher, she is amazing at them and she keeps them on her at all times, its scary.
Quote by ZackyJW83
Yeah, that's why I asked. I think some types are legal, but it depends what they are.

its legal in the usa in most states, just dont get the kind with spikes and studs and all that. even though people would shit there pants if you used it.
Nunchucks are illegal.

Take up a martial art like Shotokan.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by darkfire_storm
dude, even if you did get nunchucks and walked around with them, no one would think you were cool. they'd be like, "hey, look at the retard with the nunchucks." the only one who can make nunchucks cool is Will Ferrell.

And this guy

I have two pairs. Intense stuff if you dont know what you're doing. i suggest getting a trianing pair (the rubber/foam ones) if ou just wanna try it out, theres ons of vidoes, lots of routines too. helps if you know your khatas. theyre fun to use once you get the wieght and physics of it down. also, you need quite a bit of room to practise, youd be surprised at their range.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Last edited by hyroglyph!c at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
Dude...

Leonardo>ALL

Blasphemy, Donatello is and always will be the best.

At least you didn't say raphael, he got an unfair amount of screen time in the movies.
i carry mine, but i live in PA where they are legal. when you use them hold the about 2 inches from the top (the chain). youll have better control.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Nunchucks are illegal.

Don't do this.

Learn a REAL martial art.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
a guitarist that thinks nunchunks is quite cool... like that hasn't been done before?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAyry-9_Y08
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
my school found it necessary to list nunchucks as a weapon not allowed at school. i found it funny.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
I didn't mean they were "cool" as in they gain you repute or whatever, I just thought that it would be something fun to be able to do.
Edit: I didn't actually know Buckethead did that until now 0o.
meh
Last edited by ZackyJW83 at Sep 20, 2008,

NUNCHUCKS

Really cool, but totally useless.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by TheOperator
Blasphemy, Donatello is and always will be the best.

At least you didn't say raphael, he got an unfair amount of screen time in the movies.

I call shenanigans.

My friend always drew his characters weilding sticks/staffs and you know why I thought it was lame? Becuase it reminded me of Donatello!

Leonardo uses swords! TWO swords!
Quote by metaldud536
I call shenanigans.

My friend always drew his characters weilding sticks/staffs and you know why I thought it was lame? Becuase it reminded me of Donatello!

Leonardo uses swords! TWO swords!

Donatello is purple.
And he does machine.

'nuff said
Quote by themetalbucket
my school found it necessary to list nunchucks as a weapon not allowed at school. i found it funny.

My school as well

They also felt it necessary to specifically disallow icepicks and "some rockets" (and yes, they did word it in that hilariously vague manner).

Just so I am not spamming, TS, I would have to agree with those in the thread that have suggested taking up a non weapon-based martial art. Personally, Judo is a favorite of mine, but there are quite a few to choose from.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by darkfire_storm

TS this is kind of true. Every time I see someone with them two things end up happening: 1) We laugh at him 2) he ends up hurting himself or some unlucky bastard he did not intend on hurting

If you want self defense you should take a class or learn a style(s) of martial arts.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by metaldud536
Purple is stereotyped as a homosexual color.
/fail

You some sort of homophobe?
Quote by metaldud536
No. Are you willing to accept your fate?

Donatello built the turtle truck.

Leonardo just sucked splinters ****, and thats gayer than being purple.
Quote by TheOperator
Donatello built the turtle truck.

Leonardo just sucked splinters ****, and thats gayer than being purple.

LALALA I can't hear you!

Donatello's a nerd. End of man.
Quote by metaldud536
LALALA I can't hear you!

Donatello's a nerd. End of man.

I will let that slip as long as we both agree that ninja turtles are awesome
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Nunchucks are illegal.

im all about brazillian jut ditzu
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
Quote by TheOperator
I will let that slip as long as we both agree that ninja turtles are awesome

Yea.

So out of the 4 of them, which one has a better chance of hooking up with April?
if your getting nunchaku go for the ones that use ropes instead of chains chains get tangled in themselves
Dont use them if you are prone to flinching they will breeze [ast your face and you'll have to hit your own body to use the properly

Basic strike
1. Start with your right hand
2. Build up momentum by swinging them in a figure of eight motion
3. Swing out of the 8 motion to your left hooking your right hand under your left arm pit
(the nunchaku will also strike you on the back)
4.imidiatly swing your arm back to the right and recover into the figure eight motion

Upward strike (right hand)
1. Use the figure eight motion to build up momentum
2. In an upwards part of the loop folow through into an upwards swing
3. Bring your right hand to your right hand to your right shoulder
4. the Nunchaku will swing over your shoulder, trap it under your armpit in a catch

Actions taken from a catch
1. You can quickly use the cathc to launch a downward strike by swining your arm forward
2. You can change hands while the nunchaku is caught different actions can be taken here
A. Take the Nunchaku from under your arm with your left hand and preform a strike
B. Take the Nunchaku from under your arm with your left hand and start the figure eight mothion again
Well i know they are illegal in the UK unless you say you are going to the dojo, and even if you were to whip them out in a fight, a guy at my old jujitsu class used them on a punchbag or something and when he hit it they pinged back and hit him on the head, so they will cause more harm than good.

Kobutons or retractable batons are the way.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Sep 20, 2008,
Page 1 of 2