Okay, Pit.
I'm trying to get elected as the 9th grade representative for student council. Four representatives are elected for each grade. There are 5 people running (including me). So, it seems pretty doable, right? That's what I thought until I realized that of the 5 people running, 4 are from M Jr. High, and I am from W. Jr. High. So 80% of the freshmen are from M Jr. High, and they're friends with the 4 candidates from their school. Virtually nobody knows me, or at least, not enough to beat the M. kids. The ballot is open to only freshmen, so I don't have to worry about pleasing the seniors, sophomores and juniors. The election is next monday, and we have to create a campaign video. How can I get elected, pit?

Here are some of my ideas:
Make a flyer
Make posters
Give out candy

inb4 rape.

Any help's appreciated.

EDIT: I don't have many friends yet since it's only the second week.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
Last edited by mclies at Sep 20, 2008,
Guys, c'mon.. It's the second week of school, I'm making some friends, but I haven't made enough yet to win. That's why I'm asking for advice.

And the buttons idea is good. Thanks man.
Gear:
Roland Microcube

Pay people to vote for you.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
You need a catchy jingle
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I got elected grade 9 rep last year by showing my penis to girls.
Don't bother. I'll bet you any money you won't win, and it's a waste of time anyway.
Haha, the music and jingle is actually a good idea. Maybe I could write a little song, and then add a campaign slogan. Thanks for the good (serious) idea.
Gear:
Roland Microcube

Get a picture of your rivals and say 'Don't vote for ______, he/she touches kids. Vote for _______ instead."

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
spread nasty rumors about whichever of the other kids is least popular
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
spread nasty rumors about whichever of the other kids is least popular

From what I hear, one of the kids was a big know it all, and a lot of the school hated him. How can I exploit this, without getting caught?
Gear:
Roland Microcube

Student council elections are a popularity contest. So if someone who is running has more friends than you a few posters around school ain't gonna do much except maybe making you look like someone who is trying too hard. You have to realize that maybe you can't win. Plus anyways, why is Student Council such a big deal? especially in the 9th grade?
Isn't it just a bunch of preppy kids sitting around thinking of stupid ideas for themed school days like "Wacky Hat Day!!" or the all time favorite(major sarcasm) "Pajama Day!!!"
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by DZCunuck
Student council elections are a popularity contest. So if someone who is running has more friends than you a few posters around school ain't gonna do much except maybe making you look like someone who is trying too hard. You have to realize that maybe you can't win. Plus anyways, why is Student Council such a big deal? especially in the 9th grade?
Isn't it just a bunch of preppy kids sitting around thinking of stupid ideas for themed school days like "Wacky Hat Day!!" or the all time favorite(major sarcasm) "Pajama Day!!!"

Yeah, I kinda have realized that. But I'm not one to give up, so I'm going to give it my all, even if I don't get it. I want to get elected to try to actually change it. Instead of doing the events, actually doing what the kids want, etc.
Gear:
Roland Microcube

Quote by mclies
From what I hear, one of the kids was a big know it all, and a lot of the school hated him. How can I exploit this, without getting caught?

talk crazy shit about him to all your friends, and if 80% of the kids are from the other school but all the other candidates are from that school they might split the vote enough to give you a chance
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
talk crazy shit about him to all your friends, and if 80% of the kids are from the other school but all the other candidates are from that school they might split the vote enough to give you a chance

That just might work. Because if there were one or two really popular ones, they might get at least 50% of the vote, and then I could get by with about 20%. Great idea, thanks man. Now I just have to figure out how to get the 20% of the vote.

Edit: Good idea doing the favor part. Kinda like bribery.
Gear:
Roland Microcube

cupcakes with "Vote For _____" on them

also, make some ridiculous posters with your face and name on them.
make all your campaign stuff hilarious.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
try to win your part of the school, the W, you said you were in. then do what you can to get any votes out of the other one, the M. try to split their votes hopefully that will happen. get what you can. free candy or promise days off school or something. lie, lie alot. make promises you know you cant keep. who cares, they cant impeach you just get everyone either laughing or excited. your get swing votes.
Don't do anything that could be used for blackmail during the campaigns.

There's an election going on at my friend's school, And someone anonomously submitted a video to the principal of 2 other contenders paddling a 10th grader and drinking, And they were disqualified.
make a gimmick of memorizing everybodies names. go around to everybody and ask them for their name and tell them ur running for student council and your trying to memorize everyones names. a kid in my school did that (800 names total) and actually won.

also +1 to the other stuff
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Thank you so much you guys. These look like good tips. I'm gonna start the official campaign monday, so hopefully it will work. I'll keep you posted.
Gear:
Roland Microcube

diss the other candidates and shoop incriminating pictures of them, then relate them to dogs and apes.
I'm Steve
Quote by smb
Don't bother. I'll bet you any money you won't win, and it's a waste of time anyway.

Take it from a guy who was on 8th grade student council 2 years ago, its a ****ing waste of your life unless your future proffesion is being bored at useless brainstorms and building really gay floats.

It sucks, it really sucks

But here's the deal if you want to win things like this you have to get buzz going, so I'm assuming your going up against 4 preppy popular people, just walk up to the podium for your speech and say vote for me cuz I'm not a preppy asshole, and everyone will be like lolz that kid is badass I will vote him in to piss off the school administration
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Tell everyone to vote for you and you'll make it legal to cum blood in school.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Well, you said you have to make a campaign video, so make a kickass video!! I'm actually the returning class president and running for it again, so you should really consider my advice here. Make sure you state all your criteria in your video and make it look cool. Make sure to mention everything positve about your academics, athletics, and music inluding awards and accomplishments. Also it helps if you can kinda make yourself kinda look popular for a week or so during the election period. Hope I helped.
Quote by halfback_712
Well, you said you have to make a campaign video, so make a kickass video!! I'm actually the returning class president and running for it again, so you should really consider my advice here. Make sure you state all your criteria in your video and make it look cool. Make sure to mention everything positve about your academics, athletics, and music inluding awards and accomplishments. Also it helps if you can kinda make yourself kinda look popular for a week or so during the election period. Hope I helped.

Okay, that seems doable. Thanks for the serious advice. I'll have to figure out how to get all of that in under a minute.
Gear:
Roland Microcube

Lie about what you are going to do, or make it so rediculous everyone will vote for you because you're funny.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Be popular enough to get the student vote, or be nerdy/enough of a slut to get the faculty to rig it for you.

Happened at my school. We wanted to elect some major stoner just because it'd be funny, and almost everyone voted for him. The faculty then told us that some slut won, because she'll do the whole "Oh my gosh, do you remember all those times at prom?" BS routine instead of going on stage and being like "Shit, I'm too stoned for this. Where the hell am I? One time I saw Bigfoot, and a UFO!"
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
well you could do what they do in real elections and launch a massive smear campaign which says that your oppenents can't be trusted, are secret muslims that are also secretly al queda operatives or your oppenent is too much of a risk.

do this through fliers and word of mouth. then what you want to do is organize a rally where you have all your supporters stand in lines chanting your name. you need to make yourself a religious figure and not just a student council hopeful, your supporters have to worship you.

you should title your capmaign (your name) uber (yourschool)

oh and you need a symbol to represent yourself. may i suggest some sort of predatory bird

if your not expelled you should win
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land