Poll: Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty - keep pickguard on or take off?
Poll Options
View poll results: Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty - keep pickguard on or take off?
keep it on
25 30%
take it off
58 70%
Voters: 83.
so I know there is another thread or so asking this but I want to know your opinions on the Les Paul Black Beauty not the other les pauls.

i love it so much I don't want to make a bad choice but on my other les paul it doesn't have a pickguard it just came that way and I love it it's so smooth and with the black beauty having three pickups it might be a little to crowded for my taste so let me know and will it look stupid if I take it off from the screw holes left?
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Sep 20, 2008,
Can i plz get someones opinion on this. ive got a epiphone black beauty that i reasently hotted up and my bro keeps tellen me to take the pick guard of
Quote by LeD_ZePpElIn_
thx for ur comment fretsonfire74 but ill need more peoples opinions

dude just click view poll results it says so far 17 people vote take it off and 6 say keep it on. I think I prefer it off but maybe you should just take it off bro and see what you that's what I'll do. =)
lol thx xXguitard00dXx. soz i didnt no u could click on the poll and see how many ppl say to take it of
Quote by LeD_ZePpElIn_
I took my pick guard of it looks better. But it leaves little holes in ur guitar

really yeah I thought it would I can't wait to take my off! and thanks for letting me know man! oh and don't worry about it I didn't even know how to make a poll until today lol.
Quote by LeD_ZePpElIn_
I took my pick guard of it looks better. But it leaves little holes in ur guitar

Step 1) get a toothpick or another piece of wood to fill the hole
Step 2) fill hole with said wood
Step 3) get some guitar paint (preferably black)
Step 4) paint aforementioned guitar with said paint
Step 5) let aforementioned guitar paint dry
Step 6) ROCK OUT WITH YO C*CK OUT!!!!!!1!!!!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Take it off.

Oh, yeah, take it off, baby. Striptease, mm-hm.

Seriously, get rid ot it.
i was thinking about puting the screws back in the screw holes but im affraid that screwing the screws back in will just make the hole bigger
i took mine off my custom, looks way better, do it!
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
noi offence but i think it looks ugly with 3 humbuckers......
but take it off all LP look better without pickguard
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Yep! Take it off.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by LeD_ZePpElIn_
i was thinking about puting the screws back in the screw holes but im affraid that screwing the screws back in will just make the hole bigger

WELL,if the screws were already in there, they won't make the hole much bigger. but i suggest using black screws so it's not as noticable.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Keep it on, add a bigsby, and wire it jimmy page style.

BAM, you just saved yourself $25k.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
You will regret removing it right... now. And I've already stolen the pickguard while you were out, so you can't put it back on. That'll learn you.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by mrbungle50221
noi offence but i think it looks ugly with 3 humbuckers......
but take it off all LP look better without pickguard

yeah I totally agree with you but I can't afford the Gibson one so yeah but I haven't got it yet so maybe I should just get an epipjone les paul custom in black with gold hardware? not sure but I'll be getting one or the other lol
I took mine off for a second after seeing this thread, and immedietly put it back on. I just think It looked a bit empty. I would definitle take it off on a sunbust LP though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
take it off, then you can see what it looks like. If you don't like it just put it back on. If you do take it off, just put the screws back in, it looks fine on my LP, and no it will not make the holes any bigger because they are already threaded, just dont put em in too tight.
I've got an old wine red les paul studio from '93 with a black pickguard and gold hardware, and I leave the pickguard on. Mine has an ebony neck so the black pickguard looks nice with the black fretboard.

There it is. I put on the black pickguard that came with it though. I guess the old owner didn't like it much though...

If I had a black beauty though, I think I'd take it off. But that's just me.
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Sep 22, 2008,
I got two Les Pauls (an Epiphone Standard, and a Gibson Limited Edition), and both have no scratch plates. The Gibson never had one to begin with, but the Epi did. After I got my Gibson, I really liked how LPs look without the scratch plate, so I removed the one on my Epi.

With scratch plate.

After I had taken the plate off, and it's pictured here next to my Gibson.

And a close-up of the area in question. I was worried about screw holes initially, but they aren't as bad as you'd think, and no-one's going to notice them. Of course, it's better if they just come from the factory without a scratch plate at all, so there's no screw holes, but whatever. It's no big deal. As you can see from my picture, there's only actually one hole visible from the front (the other is of course on the side of the guitar, pointed towards the floor when you're playing). Also, rather than have holes, I put the screws back in the holes. Just looks like a little stud, lol.

Incidentally, I think scratch plates on Les Pauls are really f*cking stupid. Since the maple top tapers away and gets shallower the further you get away from the strings, you'll never ever hit the body anyway. Not even with the most wild thrashing. So it's a scratch plate that serves absolutely no purpose in practice, and on the Les Paul just looks stupid.

Hope this helps your decision in some way