Does anyone like the line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp because I am thinking of buying and want to know if its great of sucks thanks for your time.
Use the damn search bar.

/thread.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
No these forums frown on the Marshal MG series and Line 6 Spider series amps heavily.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
No these forums frown on the Marshal MG series and Line 6 Spider series amps heavily.

There is a valid reason for that. UG is not the only one. If you don't like that then go find a Spider or MG forum and you guys can talk it up.

I lurkerd about here for several weeks before I joined and then used the Search Bar and lurked some more before creating threads. That's good advice for any new forum you want to join.

PS. No one put a gun to his head (or yours) and forced him to join or create a new Spider thread.
the spider is pretty decent, you can get a good amount of sustain once you tweak it right and not using the factory settings. most ppl frown upon spiders because they used the factory settings which totally blows, there are better amps within the price range like the crate V18, but i like to have my presets and tuner in one piece so i don't have to carry them separately every time i want to jam
SS Spider=Turd. Get a Cube or Valvetronix if you want a modelling amp.
The tube Spiders are pretty decent though.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
if you havent been playing a while then they are probly going to be pretty good and have some effects to get used to.
Quote by caskettheclown
if you havent been playing a while then they are probly going to be pretty good and have some effects to get used to.

But why would you choose a Spider over a Vox ADVT or Roland Cube?

Look at those amps above. The Vox for lighter stuff and the Roland for slightly heavier stuff.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
the 15 watt spider isn't bad for a little practice amp for a beginner who wants some flexibility. the cleans are actually pretty good. however, most people begin to like the distortion less and less pretty fast, until they hate it, because it just sounds so artificial and cheap - you get what you pay for.

The 75 watt version is pointless, because it doesn't sound any better than the 15 watter, nor is it any better quality; they've just built in a few more amp models and effects as bait to lure in potential buyers and encourage them to get the more expensive model because there's profit to be had.

I agree with the Vox AD50VT or Roland Cube 60x suggestions
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I tried the Spider 3, 75 watt last weekend at a music store for 30 - 40 minutes last week and I gotta say, it's a toy. It sounds like shit. That amp was made for the masturbating teenager in mind who just want to wank around with effects.
All kidding aside, the tone is so sterile and it has no punch at all. I recommend a real amp, but you should trust your own ears and try one out for yourself... A warning though, you may feel like you've wasted 30 minutes of your life too after playing through it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
There is a valid reason for that. UG is not the only one. If you don't like that then go find a Spider or MG forum and you guys can talk it up.

I lurkerd about here for several weeks before I joined and then used the Search Bar and lurked some more before creating threads. That's good advice for any new forum you want to join.

PS. No one put a gun to his head (or yours) and forced him to join or create a new Spider thread.

Wow you get all bent out of shape like I'm defending the Spider or MG series amps. I just told him we generally agree they're the ultimate of sub-par amps.

He didn't ask why, so I felt no need to waste the time explaining bad workmanship AND bad sound quality from them. You obviously didn't lurk enough.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
^I wouldn't do that either. Lets start over.

What is your budget for amp?
What kind of music are you into?
Is this for bedroom practicing or jamming with friends/drummer?
What major city do you live close to so we can run a CList search?

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^I wouldn't do that either. Lets start over.

What is your budget for amp?
What kind of music are you into?
Is this for bedroom practicing or jamming with friends/drummer?
What major city do you live close to so we can run a CList search?

+1 to every bit of that. I didn't think you got bent out of shape there, just helpful.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by TheKingofGuitar
around $400 and I like blues, hard rock, and maybe some metal.

Peavey VK 112 sounds like it has good cleans for about 400$
The Peavey Vyper seems promising, you could get the 30 watt for 200$ and the Sanpera II for all the awesome effects and then still have a little money left.
Listen to Gregs1020 and 311......(his name is in my sig)
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by kckyle
get a crate v18. it has better clean and alot more versatility

Did you read the whole thread? Because he started out looking at a v50. And decided against it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.