Hey ug im looking to buy a multi effects pedal, that is les then 200$, i will be playing all kinds of rock and i would like very good heavy distortion, thanks for the help
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
if you know what effects you like youd be far better off getting single effects
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
What Jack said
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Quote by CaptainJack666
if you know what effects you like youd be far better off getting single effects

yes i know i've heard that before, but i dont have enough money to invest in a lot of pedals, because im just starting bass and i dont know what effects i like, and i am gonna want to use the pedal for guitar to, is that possible? or do i need 2 different pedals??
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by tbirds1013
yes i know i've heard that before, but i dont have enough money to invest in a lot of pedals, because im just starting bass and i dont know what effects i like, and i am gonna want to use the pedal for guitar to, is that possible? or do i need 2 different pedals??

uh yeah, should be fine. thats fair enough if you anna try out some effects. zoom make sum good pedals which are cheap and give you a good idea of what u might want
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I have a Zoom B2.1u with the usb and built in drum machine. It also has a really nice pedal for wah, and other effects modulation. It has four other knobs to tweak things and eighty programs fourty of which are editable. I have found a lot of the pre programmed ones to be very excellent, having multiple effects going on in the correct proportions plus noise reduction, etc. Some of the drive and reverb presets are really nice when combined with the tweakability of your amp.

I'm also trying to get a Toneworks AX5B which is similar but is plastic and has a smaller pedal but some awesome programs and I know the interface fairly well already from having a guitar one.

I find the multi pedals give you a lot of cool tones to work with without chaining a lot of individual pedals and I don't have a noise reduction pedal, so I usually get quite a bit of noise when I chain four or five effects pedals together individually. This problem is handled by the multipedals within the program itself and many programs are very quiet; plus the noise reduction is tweakable.

The Zoom is a great pedal to produce a wide range of cool tones.

Duffy

Hope this info helps you out.
The majority of problems with multi-effects pedals are the fact that you can't change the order or placement of effects, and the effects themselves are usually not that good.

Get a cheap multi, find out what you like, sell, buy singular. Sorted!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I have the zoom B1.x and it is amazing. My only regret is not buying the B2.x.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
the digitech BP50 is quite decent.

although i'd still recommend buyin singel effects
You like it
Zoom B2.1U, It was my first pedal and its a great starting pedal. You also have a drum machine built in, and great control over the sound and tone. Its the best starter, jsut read the manual before use or you'll be like me and have no clue what the hell to do.

I currently use a Boss ME-50 (Yes, I know its a guitar effects pedal) and it works perfectly for bass, Its slightly more expensive, but boss have a Bass version of the pedal out which is very good.

You should play with these Multi-effects a bit, and then either sell it or keep it, then get some Single pedals. Trust me, its hard to navigate around the Zoom B2.1U, To be fair I'd recommend Boss ME-50b if you are allowed to go over $200.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Last edited by Martin259 at Sep 21, 2008,
boss me 50b is great. but here is the kicker- that low B-string muds and distorts when it goes through it. it's very sad.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by thegiaco2112
zoom b2.1 cheap nice and it haves a usb port

Ooh I looked at one of those today and it looks pretty good

I have a Zoom B1X. It gets the job done, but I'm gonna start investing in separate pedals (wah, compression, maybe distortion)
Quote by Nutter_101
The majority of problems with multi-effects pedals are the fact that you can't change the order or placement of effects, and the effects themselves are usually not that good.

Get a cheap multi, find out what you like, sell, buy singular. Sorted!

The BOSS GT-10B (and GT-10 for the guitarists) lets you manipulate the FX chain. It is however probably a little out of TS' budget.
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120