If I have a (presumably) stereo cabinet, in which only 2 of the 4 speakers are working. Each speaker has a maximum of 35w it can take (since the whole cabinet is 140w... you add up the speaker's max right, 35w x4 speakers?) but since only two speakers are working the actual cabinets max is 70w? My head is putting 100w into it... Would it technically be smarter to just run it in stereo (with 2 speaker cables from head to the cabinet), and have all four speakers pumping and NOT be 30w over the max? Only be 10w over the entire cabinet max (which if my math above is true, would mean it's only 2.5w over each speaker's maximum).
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Are you 100% it's a stereo cab? If it's not, running two non-buffered inputs could do some serious damage to your amp(s).
Regardless of whether it is a mono or stereo cab, a single input should result in mono operation of all four speakers. In a stereo cab the speakers are only split when you plug two jacks in.
Wow really? Crap that means the speakers are broken. Well thanks for the clarification however now I have a broken cabinet!! Thanks Nolly for finally solving my dilemma.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."