Ok so I will be upgrading my stock Epi LP pups for some new ones. I play through a Traynor YCV50blue amplifier and i like a lot of classic rock (think 1974-1981 AC/DC)/80's (think The Darkness or scorpions) for my bridge pup. And cleans just need to be cleans, preferably a little brighter than they are darker.

I was thinking a Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 for the neck
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH1-59-Model-Electric-Guitar-Pickup?sku=300010

And a Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5 to nail the classic rock tones for the bridge
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH14-Custom-5-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=300419

Or a DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion to hit the 80's/modern tone for the bridge
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP100-Super-Distortion-Pickup?sku=302000

I think the 59 for the neck is a good choice, but for the bridge i thought if i got the dimarzio for the bridge it could sound classic because my YCV50 is a pretty classic sounding amp but still sound a little more 80's, but if i got SH-14 i wouldnt be able to get a good 80's tone and just excel at the classic rock tone. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Definitely the Custom 5, I have one in my Epi Les Paul and I play a lot of the same kind of crap you do - suits it perfectly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^It's not that i dont respect your opinion or anything, i do very much in fact, i just wanted to get more input just to make sure. I pretty cautious over the pups cuz i know nothing about them.

So yeah heres the plan so far. I am going to get new pups now and then ask for either an EQ pedal or a (TS9, Green Screamer, MXR CSP-021, or an MXR M-115 Distortion III?) for christmas cuz i figured my parents wouldnt dish out almost 200 bucks for a pup swap over a pedal thats under 100 bucks for christmas. So I'm using my last paycheck of the summer for pups and crossing my fingers for christmas.

So looks like the SD is the way to go but if anyone else wants to share some input it is more than welcome. Well thanx for the help, hopefully i will be able to order them from MF in the next few days. Later
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Quote by Chuckleberry
^It's not that i dont respect your opinion or anything, i do very much in fact, i just wanted to get more input just to make sure. I pretty cautious over the pups cuz i know nothing about them.

Haha, I know, I'm just poking fun.

Boo to the Super Distortion. Hurray beer! I mean, Custom 5. The Custom 5 is capable of 80's metal, for sure - and it can also do other stuff well. The Super Distortion can do 80's metal well, not as good as the Custom 5 at other things.