I'm looking at buying an Orange Tiny Terror soon, and I want to get a decent 2x12 cabinet for it. I'm looking to get pretty cheap, as I want to start playing it soon and don't have a large budget. I don't know much about cabinets but I think I want a closed-back one, my mind could change though. I'm looking to play a lot of metal (I know the tiny terror is NOT a metal amp, but I love the sound of a British amp cranked with an OD over the super saturated sound of a Mesa), hard rock, blues etc.

My budget including amp is around $700, but seeing as cabinets are expensive, I can be a little flexible.

Thanks for all the help!
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
usually people will suggest avatar, but its almost becoming a bandwagon. Ive never tried one, bu go search avatar cabs.

Also, you can select speakers, style, and color.

I would stay away from the marshall 212..especailly the 1936. Terrible sounding.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
an orange ppc 2x12 would be a good match for the tt. that's about $550.
avatar makes an orange 2x12 clone, i think that's somewhere around $350.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by dcdossett65
usually people will suggest avatar, but its almost becoming a bandwagon. Ive never tried one, bu go search avatar cabs.

Also, you can select speakers, style, and color.

I would stay away from the marshall 212..especailly the 1936. Terrible sounding.
As I said, I know very little about cabinets, but I'm looking for a cab with some pretty good low-end, something a little more modern sounding. I don't know what speakers I want, as I don't know much about them; and color isn't an issue for me. Hell, it can be neon pink for all I care, I'll just tell everyone I'm trying to be unique.

Don't get me wrong though, if possible I would...totally, not get a pink cabinet.
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by DDoug
As I said, I know very little about cabinets, but I'm looking for a cab with some pretty good low-end, something a little more modern sounding. I don't know what speakers I want, as I don't know much about them; and color isn't an issue for me. Hell, it can be neon pink for all I care, I'll just tell everyone I'm trying to be unique.

Don't get me wrong though, if possible I would...totally, not get a pink cabinet.
Check out http://www.avatarspeakers.com/. I think most everyone around here would agree they're the best place to go for decent quality, affordable cabs.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
an orange ppc 2x12 would be a good match for the tt. that's about $550.
avatar makes an orange 2x12 clone, i think that's somewhere around $350.

Thanks, and what speakers would anyone recommend for that?

Also, how loud can a little 15 watt tube go?
-Bugera 333XL 212
for a lot of metal, you could go with 2 v30's, a v30 + classic lead 80, or maybe 2 classic lead 80's.

and 15watts from a tube amp can be pretty loud. i'd say it's the bare minimum for being heard in a full band setting... which is loud if you don't have a band.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Loud, you would be very, very surprised.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
for a lot of metal, you could go with 2 v30's, a v30 + classic lead 80, or maybe 2 classic lead 80's.

and 15watts from a tube amp can be pretty loud. i'd say it's the bare minimum for being heard in a full band setting... which is loud if you don't have a band.
I was considering a Bugera 333XL 212 at one point so it will DEFINITELY be a better practice amp than that 120 watt monster. Then again, the Bugera is not meant to be cranked, and the orange is.

I digress, I will be using this for some band work, but might need it for some decently sized gigs.
-Bugera 333XL 212
at any decently sized gig, the people there will mic you up, so you'll be fine for that.

at practice you might be struggling to be heard if you're playing a lot of loud metal though.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
at any decently sized gig, the people there will mic you up, so you'll be fine for that.

at practice you might be struggling to be heard if you're playing a lot of loud metal though.

We practice in a very tiny room so that wont be a problem.
-Bugera 333XL 212
okie, cool then.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Vader 2x12. $399. Great cab for metal.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
I love my avatar cab. I got a traditional, closed back, two celestion G12T75's. Great deal, great sound, highly recommend avatar.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Avatar are nice, but having played them and my Lopoline now. The Lopo destroys it imo.

Mine is front loaded, baltic berch and has a removable grille, which is VERY handy for recording, I got it when they were moving for 20% off, with Eminence Texas heats, it cost me less than $300 shipped. Very sturdy cabs and very cleanly built, good communication and customer support and quick shipping/build time.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com