Is it right to just sit at home and search tabs and play and all that? Can you really call that being a musician? I think everyone should write their own material, because it just seems wrong
Quote by BoneBroke
Is it right to just sit at home and search tabs and play and all that? Can you really call that being a musician? I think everyone should write their own material, because it just seems wrong

Musicain? No, but I don't think that it's "wrong". There's nothing wrong with sitting at home playing some of your favorite songs. What better way to learn an instrument then to play stuff you like???
you guys are right. it makes sense because music is freedom
STAND CORRECTED
Last edited by BoneBroke at Sep 20, 2008,
Music is structured sound. It doesn't matter whether or not it was you who initially structured it in that way, you're still making music.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
It isn't wrong but more people, at least I, would call you a guitar player and not a musician. I kind of think that not knowing about any sort of theory or anything and just learning songs from tabs makes a guitar player and not a musician. It is just my opinion.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Some people like to learn songs, some people like to write songs. There's no wrong way to be a musician. I personally love writing music, and don't really enjoy learning a song unless I have to or I really want to.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
To me someone who exclusively learns other peoples songs and doesnt write or improvise anything....is a guitar player. A musician to me is someone who creates music. However playing other peoples songs is something that every type of player does at some point.This is how we shape our own sound, by amalgamating the styles of our favourite players into our own. Some people may disagree by saying an orginal sound comes from you only. But IMO your sound is a direct product of the many players you listen to(not just guitarists)
Andy
A musician to me is someone who creates music.

That's a composer. You are, in effect, saying that classical guitarists and members of orchestras aren't musicians.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.