Yeah, so...I was playing my acoustic today and this thought occurred to me: I need an electric guitar. I like to play heavy rock sort of things, and, usually, what I play is quick-paced. I also LOVE chugging. Awesome tone is a necessity, and I'd like to avoid anything having to do with the word crap. Any suggestions?
I'd say nothing above $1,500. That Eclipse is looking good! I haven't decided on it, but it's my top candidate now!
What is your amp situation?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
My amps are a Roland Micro-Cube and some sort of Crate amp that my grandma used to use for her accordian. In other words: not the greatest.
Quote by wolf54153
My amps are a Roland Micro-Cube and some sort of Crate amp that my grandma used to use for her accordian. In other words: not the greatest.

Well, it would be a nice idea to splurge out on an amp aswell, I mean, there's no point having a $1500 guitar and playing it through a $100 amp; it wouldn't sound as nice as the guitar should.

Spend half or more on the amp, I say. (So does everyone else by the way)
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Alright. I suppose that makes sense. Unfortunately , that means that I'll be spending a lot of money, since I don't want anything that's too cheap. Should I go tube or electronic?
tube for sure. Just spend about 800 on the amp and the rest on a decent guitar. you could still stay in your budget
I'm not an EMG fan. I think I'm getting the Ibanez Prestige; it seems pretty awesome. As for the amp, I'm just going to shop around and find something that sounds good. I'm liking the playing-a-bunch-of-guitars idea. It's brilliant.